Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
I read 100 car seat threads before posting this

bbmom

Post Sun, Oct 24 2010, 12:07 pm
But none of them answered my question.

I need to switch DS out of the infant seat pretty soon but I can't figure out what to put him into.
I drive a Camry and although I might be switching to a minivan soon it won't be before I have to switch carseats.
DD (20 months) is currently rear facing in a TrueFit. The only seat the TrueFit fits RF is the middle - which doesn't leave a whole lot of room for another car seat. Another TrueFit definitely won't fit (and I don't want to buy another one anyway), and I've having a hard time figuring out what will fit RF in a side seat next to the TrueFit.
So basically I'm trying to figure out what will fit and what my best option is...

Anyone else with smaller cars out there have any good advice?

(I'm pro RF for a looong time btw so turning DD around will be my absolute-no-other-choice-last option).

luvsdarkchocolate

Post Sun, Oct 24 2010, 12:29 pm
We have a sedan.

I don't think you are going to be able to find a RF seat narrow enough to fit next to a RF seat installed in the middle. I know someone that had 3 seats across in a sedan (Camry) but they used older seats that were much smaller, but only the middle was RF. I also kept my kids RF past 1yr and could not have a RF seat in the middle with another RF seat next to it.

I think your going to have to try installing your current seat on one side and then another RF seat on the other.

DefyGravity

Post Sun, Oct 24 2010, 12:56 pm
I'd contact the woman that runs this site:

http://www.thecarseatlady.com/

I emailed her and she got back to me within a few days about which car seat would be best for my car. Most of my friends have used her to either install car seats and/or find out which seat is best for their child and car.

RachelB

Post Mon, Oct 25 2010, 3:54 am
Look into Radian.
I know someone who has 2 Radians side by side RF in her sedan (but it doesn't leave too much room for the passenger).
The Radians are slim enough to fit 3 side by side FF in the back seat, so 2 RF shouldn't be a problem.
The can be hard to get a firm install on, though.

chaylizi

Post Mon, Oct 25 2010, 7:32 am
I think a Radian would be your best bet.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics