Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
How much bleeding normal after bris?

ah1017

Post Mon, Nov 01 2010, 1:54 am
My son had his bris yesterday afternoon B''H, but it seems like every time I've changed his diaper since there has been a decent amount of blood in his diaper. Is this something to be concerned about?

Liba

Post Mon, Nov 01 2010, 1:59 am
I don't remember that at all. Did he get vitamin K after birth? It sounds like a call to the moyel is a good idea.

seeker

Post Mon, Nov 01 2010, 2:04 am
Call the mohel. He should be accessible to discuss anything that concerns you at all. If the bandage is still on well, there shouldn't be much if any blood on the diaper at all, afaik. If he's bleeding too much the mohel should be equipped with a couple of different ways to help it stop quickly.

The only reason I could think of for this that would be normal is if the bandage slipped so the blood is going straight onto the diaper. But even so it should slow/stop after a bit. And you would be able to notice fairly easily and fix up the bandage...

Inspired

Post Mon, Nov 01 2010, 5:00 am
Call the mohel. Don't be alarmed. But, he should not be bleeding. But the urine might look pink to red from the blood on the bandage coming out when he pees. The mohel should be coming to see him today anyway.

Tapuzi

Post Tue, Nov 02 2010, 2:41 pm
My son's bandage was not secure after his bris and there was a LOT of blood, which was terrifying. Unwind the bandage, makign a note of how its winds, a see if the wound is bleeding. If it is, press on the bleeding area until it stops, it might take a while, and then re-wind the bandage. Of course wash your hands very well first. That is what my mohel had told me to do, I still freaked and made him come to the house but after holding it the whole time while waiting for the mohel it did stop.

losingweight

Post Tue, Nov 02 2010, 2:54 pm
It's not blood. My mohel had a name for it. I made three brissin b"h and all boys had the same thing-pink pampers for about 2 days. Don't touch the bandage w/o the mohel's permission. It's there for the shape tp be neat.

Inspired

Post Tue, Nov 02 2010, 3:30 pm
Tapuzi wrote:
My son's bandage was not secure after his bris and there was a LOT of blood, which was terrifying. Unwind the bandage, makign a note of how its winds, a see if the wound is bleeding. If it is, press on the bleeding area until it stops, it might take a while, and then re-wind the bandage. Of course wash your hands very well first. That is what my mohel had told me to do, I still freaked and made him come to the house but after holding it the whole time while waiting for the mohel it did stop.

Do NOT do the above. Just call the mohel. If he wants you to do that he will tell you himself

catonmylap

Post Tue, Nov 02 2010, 3:35 pm
I agree with call the mohel.

My son had too much bleeding after the bris. The mohel came and he needed to put in stiches. B"H that worked and we didn't need to take him to the hospital.

seeker

Post Tue, Nov 02 2010, 3:41 pm
Zlata wrote:
It's not blood.

How in the world can you say that if you haven't seen this child. Do you want it on your achraius if a baby is bleeding and you told the mother not to consult the expert.

OP, please report back and let us know that your mohel has taken care of you...

saw50st8

Post Tue, Nov 02 2010, 3:44 pm
Definitely call the mohel. Better to be cautious than have a baby with a serious problem.

If the mohel isn't available, go to your pediatrician ASAP.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics