Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
ISO Gen Contractor and Landscaper!

Ashrei

Post Wed, Nov 03 2010, 7:46 am
We're buying a house in Flatbush with a concrete backyard that has a garage in it. We want to

tear down the garage and get rid of the concrete
put in sliding doors from the kitchen to the backyard, and a small deck
put concrete under the deck
put grass in the rest of the yard
maybe build a brick wall around the yard w/a gate for security

Can anyone recommend people to do this? Any general advice? We've rented until now and have no experience fixing up a house.

Thanks!

JDmommy

Post Tue, Dec 02 2014, 6:49 pm
I used JBJ concrete renovations for our extension (included brick work) and it sounds like he is the perfect guy for your job. His price is not too high and not too low and he has his own company but he worked for his dad and has over a decade of experience with bricks and concrete and demo work, and his carepenter guy is excellent. Everyone was great, not as low class as other prior workers (none of his guys urinated in the shower BH). I was very happy with his work. I got burned with an Albanian named Bill, so please don't use him. The mention of his name in our house is just enough to have my husband give me that look. We were naive and we got duped and had to pay more to fix his mistakes, it was awful. But James was like a brucha from the Aibishter. He came and is professional with clients but talks street talk w workers, has a very good crew (I told him he should have been a general in the army), and he is fast and has an excellent foreman who supervises the job. He wants to work, it's incredible, and he knows the job, not like other guys who pretend. (There was one guy who pretended to know what type of pipe a plumbing pipe was, and I knew what it was and it was just funny how dumb they think customers are!!) I really cannot recommend him enough. He is 4th generation doing concrete and general renovations so it's in his blood. His number is 917-217-6142. Hope this helps!!! Also, try to get 3 estimates from different recommended contractors. We liked james so much that we told him what our other estimates were and he worked with us because I was honest and told him I was borrowing even more so he could do our job. He is a really nice guy too which is a bonus. Hatzlucha and mazel tov on the house! Don't forget to have a chanikas habayis gathering.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries