Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Help! is it bedbugs?

amother

Post Wed, Nov 03 2010, 10:56 am
I dont know where else to post this but my baby has 6 big bug bites on her face and they are huge, like nothing ive seen before. I looked online and they look like bed bug bites!!!!!ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh. they are circular and deep red. my husband has two on his back and I have one. it doesnt feel like a mosquito bite. im sooooo freaked out that it is indeed bed bugs. we went away for shabbos, and brought our own linen!!! I had my husband dump it in the wash at the highest setting but im still really scared that it came on our clothes and now ill have an infestation!!! someone please respond asap!!! thanks

rac429

Post Wed, Nov 03 2010, 2:39 pm
Look in the corners of your mattresses to see if there are tiny black spots or bugs. They like to hide in dark spaces so its usually in the cracks/corners where the mattresses meet. I had Bedbugs and I had what looked like hives all over my body not just a couple of bites. I went to an allergist for four months before we figured out what is was. They gave me so many medications and I had to take so many tests before we figured out it was bedbugs and not an allergic reaction to a medication I took. (and I was getting married a month later- it was a crazy time) You can also look on the sheet and see if you see tiny blood spots. When they bite you the blood drops out. Hope this helps. I had them five years ago and they were not as common as they are today. You may be able to show the bites to a doctor today and they know exactly what they are. Hopefully for your sake/sanity they are not bedbugs.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Nov 03 2010, 2:43 pm
Bedbugs present on the trunk. It takes about a week for bites to show.

speaks the truth

Post Wed, Nov 03 2010, 4:58 pm
thanks for the info I think we figured out why dd has it and me and dh only have one. on shabbos we took dd outside on the grass and lay her on a blanket. she fell asleep on one side of her face and thats the side that all the bites present on. is there a chance that she was just bitten but the bugs werent transmitted home via her clothes ect?

rac429

Post Wed, Nov 03 2010, 5:37 pm
Don't quote me on this but I don't think that you would find Bedbugs outside in the grass. The like dark warm places and that is not outside.

speaks the truth

Post Wed, Nov 03 2010, 6:04 pm
not from the grass but the blanket we put her on! it wasnt ours but a fluffy blanket that was from the room we were staying in

rac429

Post Thu, Nov 04 2010, 9:44 am
Its not likely that they were on a blanket. They like to hide in dark warm places so they tend to stay in the crevices of the mattress. I don't think I ever saw any on my blankets and we had them for a couple of months before we realized what was going on.

TWINNY

Post Thu, Nov 04 2010, 10:01 am
Bed bug bites are usually found clustered. I don't think one or two bites would be from bedbugs.
Pick up your sheet and your mattress. If they're there, you'll see them!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics