Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
What did Chizkiyahu know?

sarahd

Post Sun, Nov 07 2010, 8:04 am
When my nephew returned to school in EY after Sukkos, the taxi driver who brought from the airport to school asked the following question (only in Israel!) and told him that if he or his friends figured out the answer before they got to their destination the ride would be free! Well, they didn't get the answer, but maybe one of the wise and educated women here know it!

Question: What did Chizkiyahu learn from Moshe and David that made his tefilla (to be healed from his illness) accepted whereas Moshe's and Dovid's tefillos were not?

Company

Post Sun, Nov 07 2010, 8:07 am
very interesting thought, would love to know the answer. Let us know!

sarahd

Post Sun, Nov 07 2010, 8:11 am
Well, that's the thing. The driver told the boys the answer, but my nephew's Hebrew is not yet good enough for him to have understood it.

zelda

Post Sun, Nov 07 2010, 8:34 am
I should know the ans...my sons second name is chizkiya. let us know when u find out.

greenfire

Post Sun, Nov 07 2010, 8:57 am
moshe & dovid questioned Hashem's actions ... while chizkiyahu left his complete bitachon in Hashem that He will take care of things in the best way ...

sarahd

Post Sun, Nov 07 2010, 9:06 am
Where did Moshe and Dovid question Hashem's actions?

greenfire

Post Sun, Nov 07 2010, 9:26 am
fine sonny boy says it's in the amount of tefilah ... Hashem told moshe not to beg anymore to go into eretz yisroel ... yet if he continued to daven he would have been let in ...

maybe I'm wrong ... but when yerushalaim was surrounded by the assyrians he went to sleep saying it's all in god's hands ... and they were saved
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics