Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Kitchen remodeling- opinion on these appliance brand?

amother

Post Wed, Nov 10 2010, 6:08 am
Hi Everyone? not really quite sure where to post this so I am putting it here because when push comes to shove remodeling our kitchen costs alot of moolah!!

The reason I am anon is because I know I have friends on this website, and I have discussed this particular issue with them, and sorry- I dont want to out myself with my screen name!! No controversial issue here, just looking for some friendly advice.

I was just wondering if I could get peoples opinions on the brand called: Kupperbusch. We are in the process of remodeling our kitchen in our Israeli apartment, and our kitchen designer is recommending this brand for....well everything- all our appliances. Their stuff looks sleek on their website and seems impressive, but I am AMERICAN and I have never heard of this brand in my entire life! so its not like I can go to homedepot.com and read reviews of their products! I told her I dont want to go the route of superexpensive (and IMHO overpriced) stuff like sub-zero or viking, but I still want nice, reliable, good looking, semi-high end. she keeps telling me that in Europe (and Israel) it is a highly regarded brand and is known to be very reliable, etc etc, but I dont know what to compare it to and it is totally unknown to me.

Thanks so much in advance! I figure this is mid day for all you Israeli and European folks so maybe Ill catch someone!

JC

Post Wed, Nov 10 2010, 7:02 am
I am in the USA so I have no idea, but I really dont like the idea of buying the whole line from one company. The best refrigerator maker is never the best stovetop maker.

I would also ask if you are buying it through the designer or is she getting kickbacks. Did she send you a store that asks who you are working with.

I only saw one reference to it on gardenweb and nothing on chowhound, so while they have an American distributor its a mystery to me.

life'sgreat

Post Wed, Nov 10 2010, 9:28 am
Did you try googling reviews?

amother

Post Thu, Nov 11 2010, 5:59 pm
JC - she insists she is just recommending what she thinks is best but I have no way of really knowing lol. maybe she is just good at what she does. I like the company, I like what they have recommended (style wise, design wise), and the price is right- but the kupperbusch stuff is expensive and I wanna know if its quality justifies the price
and lifes great there is not much reviewing on the internet (in english anyway- maybe in german french or other european languages where maybe their stuff is sold perhaps, I dont know I dont read them) - I am assuming bcz its not "big" in america. so that is why I was thining...maybe some israeli's on here have heard of it or gone with these appliances?

Tablepoetry

Post Thu, Nov 11 2010, 7:16 pm
Try reposting in the Life in Israel section, you should get a lot more responses there. I live n Israel and haven't heard of them, but I haven't remodelled lately.

amother

Post Thu, Nov 11 2010, 7:33 pm
Tablepoetry wrote:
Try reposting in the Life in Israel section, you should get a lot more responses there. I live n Israel and haven't heard of them, but I haven't remodelled lately.

Hi Tablepoetry! Wish I could- but I am not a member! we own an apartment in Israel and we go there quite a bit, but we are american and live in america. owning property there doesn't enable me to join (and IMO rightly so!!) so I am stuck to this section hahaaaaa.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics