Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Exercise dvd?
1  2  Next

runninglate

Post Wed, Nov 10 2010, 8:35 pm
I'm bh having a family simcha in about two months and I really want to lose the last fifteen pds I gained when expecting dd. I really don't have time for a formal class or anything, but was wondering if anyone used a good exercise dvd?

applemartini101

Post Wed, Nov 10 2010, 9:03 pm
Jillian Micheals 30 day shred! its really intense though.. but gets u in shape and makes u lose inches quick.. hence the name 30 day shred!

runninglate

Post Wed, Nov 10 2010, 9:05 pm
thanks! how intense is it? I'm nursing, very tired and pretty out of shape. I need something I can handle!

yummydd

Post Wed, Nov 10 2010, 9:09 pm
Does anyone know if Jillian Michaels beginners backside is good?

ESB

Post Wed, Nov 10 2010, 9:13 pm
I do leslie sansone walk away the lbs. Its great. It made me in great shape! I love doing it...

amother

Post Wed, Nov 10 2010, 10:29 pm
RR6178 wrote:
thanks! how intense is it? I'm nursing, very tired and pretty out of shape. I need something I can handle!

If you are looking for something that helps you sweat and tone and get a good workout but is not too crazy intense, you should try the Ellen Barrett dvd series. My friend just introduced me to them and I am looving her. She basically combines pilates and stretching with cardio so you get a 45 minute workout that really makes you sweat and feel sore the next day (so you know u did something worthwhile) but it doesn't make you feel too winded and its totally doable. I recommend Fat Fusion (one of her dvd's).

Basimcha

Post Wed, Nov 10 2010, 10:37 pm
applemartini101 wrote:
Jillian Micheals 30 day shred! its really intense though.. but gets u in shape and makes u lose inches quick.. hence the name 30 day shred!

Thumbs Up totally agree! It was difficult the first few days, but then I got used to it. I love the part that its only 25 minutes and I see reuslts.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Nov 11 2010, 2:30 pm
I used to really love them, now I go to the gym most days. Check out what you can get at your library for free. otherwise, collagevideo.com has tons

chica

Post Thu, Nov 11 2010, 3:25 pm
I love the insanity work outs. But they aren't the easiest. But you can start off at a slower pace.

Also Turbo Jam. So much fun.

Just find something you enjoy!

Chloe

Post Thu, Nov 11 2010, 4:11 pm
I love Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. It's hard but short, only 20 minutes.

greeneyes

Post Thu, Nov 11 2010, 11:14 pm
I like this one:
http://www.collagevideo.com/wo.....-5651

It is pretty intense the first few times, but if you stick with it, it gets easier, although you still feel like you're getting a great workout.

Leslie Sansone is nice if you want something a little less intense.

runninglate

Post Sat, Nov 13 2010, 11:02 pm
to the pppl who use jillian michaels. how in shape are you? the twenty min part is enticing, I really don't have forty five min a day, but the only exercise I do is walking and I'm tired from nursing and caring for dd. can anyone advise?

ESB

Post Sun, Nov 14 2010, 1:03 am
[
Leslie Sansone is nice if you want something a little less intense.[/quote]

Have you tried it yourself?

greeneyes

Post Mon, Nov 15 2010, 9:20 pm
ESB wrote:

Have you tried it yourself?

Yes, I borrowed a few of her dvd's from the library & kept renewing them for a while. (I try to borrow exercise dvd's from the library before buying them so that I can try them out & see if I like the workout.) I enjoyed them, but I wanted something more challenging so I didn't end up buying them. I am a bit of an exercise nut though Smile , & I do a lot of intense exercise, so for me it wasn't enough. I have a friend who uses her dvd's every day.

greeneyes

Post Mon, Nov 15 2010, 9:36 pm
RR6178 wrote:
to the pppl who use jillian michaels. how in shape are you? the twenty min part is enticing, I really don't have forty five min a day, but the only exercise I do is walking and I'm tired from nursing and caring for dd. can anyone advise?

I am an avid exerciser, & I really like Jillian Michaels' dvd's because I find them challenging. With any new workout, the first few times will be difficult, but if you keep doing it, it gets more manageable.

If you don't have energy for something too intense, Leslie Sansone might be a good option for you.

Check out a sample clip from one of her dvd's and see if you like her style:

http://www.collagevideo.com/wo.....-5858

(just click on the "play clip" option)

Are you more interested in a toning dvd?

Here are 2 toning dvd's that I own and like:
http://www.collagevideo.com/wo.....-7801
http://www.collagevideo.com/wo.....-5539

(check out the clips if you want to get an idea of what they're like)

TwinsMommy

Post Mon, Nov 15 2010, 11:14 pm
does anyone do zumba??

IloveHashem613

Post Tue, Nov 16 2010, 12:51 am
TwinsMommy wrote:
does anyone do zumba??

Yes OMG I looove Zumba!!!

TwinsMommy

Post Tue, Nov 16 2010, 8:50 am
what are the best Zumba dvds for beginners? thanks!

racz

Post Tue, Nov 16 2010, 8:56 am
[b] I love the firm, you can get them at the library and the newest ones don't use the step. it is a mix of cardio and weights, there is always a beginner in the video with out weights. Most of them have a short on time option so if the video is 45-55 minutes you can do the express option that is 25-35 minutes.

acccdac

Post Tue, Nov 16 2010, 9:42 am
I have this dvd

http://www.amazon.com/Denise-A.....=8-20

it's very 90's and sometimes she's off the music but it's a great DVD, sometimes I have trouble getting through the whole dvd without modifying, but now that I do exercise out of the house regular I have improved my stamina and I'm more able to get through it. Its kickboxing.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise