Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Don't know what to do, please help!!

amother

Post Thu, Nov 11 2010, 4:05 pm
My ds is 2.5 and was feeling miserable since shabbos. I took him to the dr on mon and they did a strep culture but it came out negitive. The dr said that's it's most proberly strep anyways because he has all the symptoms and it will most probably show up on the overnight one. He's still miserable, the medicine is not helping so I called today and asked if it showed up positive, and they said no, he doesn't have strep. Fine, but now he has mouth sores all over his tounge and mouth and one his lip. His gums are also swollen. What could it be!?!? He can't eat anything because it hurts too much. Do I stop giving him his antibiotics because he doesn't have strep? I don't know what to do, and the drs office was very unhelpful.

Aidelmom

Post Thu, Nov 11 2010, 4:22 pm
can you go to a different doctor or a clinic?

girlygirl

Post Thu, Nov 11 2010, 4:23 pm
I think it's called something like hand and mouth disease, 5ths disease....check it out?
http://www.askdrsears.com/html/8/t082600.asp

viv1263

Post Thu, Nov 11 2010, 4:27 pm
the doctor should see him again - insist on making an appointment so he can see the current situation!

Liba

Post Thu, Nov 11 2010, 4:55 pm
It sounds like it is worthing bringing your child back to the doctor.

Before you go, you might want to examine the palms of his hands and the soles of his feet for sores. There is a childhood illness called Hand Foot and Mouth disease that is totally miserable and makes swallowing, walking, etc painful. We got special numbing lollypops for my kids when they had it just so we could keep them hydrated.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H.....sease

I hope your child is feeling better soon, but don't hesitate to push for another doctors appointment if you think that you need one.

toastedbagel

Post Sat, Nov 13 2010, 9:49 am
It could be oral thrush, and giving him antibiotics will make it worse! Take him to the dr to have a look at the sores ASAP if you haven't already resolved this. Thrush sores are whitish and can be all oave tongue, mouth, makes them very sore. If it is thrush, he will need an antifungal medication, and the antibiotic is MADE OF FUNGUS! I hope you work this out ASAP. Refuah Shleimah.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics