Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
What in your opinion is the worst TV show ever.
1  2  Next

DCgirl

Post Sun, Nov 14 2010, 1:10 am
There was this one show a few years ago called "A moment of truth" It aired on Fox5. A contestant would be in a chair in front of an audience, in front of their family having to answer embarrassing true or false questions. At every level, the questions got worse. I don't think anyone came away winning that show.

ESB

Post Sun, Nov 14 2010, 1:26 am
I actually loved that show! There were some winners, not the entire amount but if they quit they got thier money.

DrMom

Post Sun, Nov 14 2010, 2:32 am
This is a toughie.

First of all, there are so many worthless, crude, and boring programs from which to choose, especially with the explosion of so-called "reality TV."

Second of all, I go out of my way to avoid crude, worthless, and "neshama-corroding" shows, so I probably haven't seen the worst of them.

Thirdly, I live in Israel and we get a weird subset of shows here, so I'm not at all upon the latest ones. (Which is fine by me.)

I'll just namee some that I have seent hat were memorably terrible.

The Jerry Springer Show -- No explanation needed.

Big Brother (I accidentally flipped to the Israeli version of this show once. Just a bunch of very boring people lying around doing nothing and being filmed. Zzzzzz.....)

lech lecha08

Post Sun, Nov 14 2010, 4:53 am
I think it was called The Swan. Never saw it but the concept bothered me. Women got all kind of plastic surgery to make them look how they wanted. I think the winner was picked by a beauty pageant at the end

shosh

Post Sun, Nov 14 2010, 4:58 am
Reading this, am I glad that I haven't watched TV in almost 20 years!!!!! Sounds like the standards are even lower these days!

mm

Post Tue, Nov 23 2010, 12:25 pm
I loved that show to see how low people can get for a few bucks

Depressed

Post Tue, Nov 23 2010, 12:45 pm
The Simpsons

Sweet Valley Gal

Post Tue, Nov 23 2010, 12:55 pm
DrMom wrote:
This is a toughie.

First of all, there are so many worthless, crude, and boring programs from which to choose, especially with the explosion of so-called "reality TV."

Second of all, I go out of my way to avoid crude, worthless, and "neshama-corroding" shows, so I probably haven't seen the worst of them.

Thirdly, I live in Israel and we get a weird subset of shows here, so I'm not at all upon the latest ones. (Which is fine by me.)

I'll just namee some that I have seent hat were memorably terrible.

The Jerry Springer Show -- No explanation needed.

[b]Big Brother (I accidentally flipped to the Israeli version of this show once. Just a bunch of very boring people lying around doing nothing and being filmed. Zzzzzz[/b].....)
One of my favorites Exploding anger Exploding anger

Even though this year wasnt so good.

shlomitsmum

Post Tue, Nov 23 2010, 12:55 pm
fear factor...caught a whole 5 mins of it a dentist office . people ate bugs and rotten animal "male parts"
I almost Puke on the spot.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Nov 23 2010, 12:57 pm
LOL I still regret the short lived French version of Fear Factor Wink

Jerry Springer is soooo fun. There was also a short lived French version, but nowadays people just download online and don't bother waiting for a (less impressive) version!

Sweet Valley Gal

Post Tue, Nov 23 2010, 12:58 pm
shlomitsmum wrote:
fear factor...caught a whole 5 mins of it a dentist office . people ate bugs and rotten animal "male parts"
I almost Puke on the spot.
I agree. Its literally gross.

Barbara

Post Tue, Nov 23 2010, 1:06 pm
Bowling for Dollars

Anything involving poker -- honestly, poker is NOT a spectator sport

mosma

Post Tue, Nov 23 2010, 1:07 pm
the real housewives of _____ (fill in the blank for all of them)

desperate housewives

SO STUPID.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Nov 23 2010, 1:08 pm
Poker, chess... boring!!

My dd loves the "Shimshons" LOL

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Nov 23 2010, 3:02 pm
Barbara wrote:
Bowling for Dollars

Anything involving poker -- honestly, poker is NOT a spectator sport

Hey, I remember a show called Dialing for Dollars. Ah, the memories. Be still, my beating heart.

DrMom

Post Tue, Nov 23 2010, 3:10 pm
Jersey Shore

Soul on fire

Post Tue, Nov 23 2010, 7:14 pm
I have never seen Jersey Shore but I still agree that it is the worst show on TV. Esp originally being from NJ it makes us all look like morons.

Maya

Post Tue, Nov 23 2010, 7:18 pm
Anything reality. That includes Housewives, any dating/marriage show, any show that broadcasts how people live, like the Kardashians or Jersey Shore. Seriously, why would someone care how the Kardashians live?

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Nov 23 2010, 7:43 pm
how about that new show about pregnant teenagers? or the abcfamily show about the girl who gets pregnant in high school? its on abcfamily, which is directed at families, yet each show starts of PARENTAL GUIDANCE whatever

WriterMom

Post Tue, Nov 23 2010, 8:09 pm
I blame "Who Wants to Marry a Millionaire?" It wasn't a big hit, but it triggered the succeeding and continuing wave of "reality" shows that bring out the worst in people, throw in lots of promiscuity, and put it all on (inter)national television.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics