Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Friend to sell her apt

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Aug 10 2006, 8:04 am
A friend is selling her apt and upgrading to a house; she wants six hundred thousand dollars for it but I know she'll settle for less.

Whereas I know we can't post ads here, if you know anyone who wants to buy a beautiful, big apt, they can contact me.

lubcoralsprings

Post Thu, Aug 10 2006, 8:10 am
That sounds like a lot of money for an apartment? Just curious, though not intersted, is it in Manhatten?

lubcoralsprings

Post Thu, Aug 10 2006, 8:13 am
I think it's crazy when people list their house/apartment for ridiculous amounts. I just saw a place advertised on shmais on Mont. street somewhere that needs work for almost a million. What kind of people can afford that? How are people supposed to make a mortgage on something like that? My hubbie has B"H a gr8 job but there is no way in heck we would ever be in the market for such a big mortgage ever...with or without kids. You need to be making well into the six figures to afford something like that and lets be realistic almost nobody makes that. Or I guess you need some very generous family which most people don't have.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Aug 10 2006, 8:15 am
Her apt is on Crown Street corner Albany Avenue. Brooklyn. Crown Heights.

The apts in my building were $590,000. and that's East New York.

Listen, if homes are close to a million, the apts will also go up. A friend just sold for $450,00 and that's Lefferts and Troy. Andit's not that big, and it's not new!

lubcoralsprings

Post Thu, Aug 10 2006, 8:19 am
Gosh that's a lot of money. Do you really think the homes are selling for close to a million? I see a lot of homes listed for that price but they don't seem to be getting sold. People can ask what they want but in reality what does a home go for in Crown Heights? 800k? I mean it's still a lot but a million dollers seems like outrageous!

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Aug 10 2006, 8:27 am
The last few homes I have noticed are selling around $850,000.

I have also noticed listings for more, for 1.39 million!

Tovah

Post Thu, Aug 10 2006, 8:27 am
I know in crown heights when ppl buy a house they will split the top floor into 2 apts to rent and the basement into a few as well. it's the only way!

DefyGravity

Post Thu, Aug 10 2006, 8:34 am
Smile In Manhattan, that price would be a bargain!

That price sounds right to me. . . the apartments on Malbone went for about 250k when they were first built - around 8 or 9 years ago.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Aug 10 2006, 8:35 am
If they are young, that's fine, they can pay off their mortgage and take back the space as they need it.

Otherwise, if it's a family with a lot of kids, they can't squeeze into such a small space.

amother

Post Fri, Aug 11 2006, 7:45 am
I know who Sara is referring to. My parents live in that building. They are condos. This one is a 3 bedroom I think. My parents are excited because the value of theirs (which is bigger & in amazing shape) will go up. It's amazing how much condos & homes go for in CH nowadays! We waited a long time to move into our condo, but it was worth the wait because we got a great price. 2.5 years ago.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Aug 11 2006, 8:10 am
Let's face facts. Real estate is expensive.

This apt is in a great part of town and is carpted and big and gorgeous.

faigie

Post Fri, Aug 11 2006, 12:59 pm
where in ny ( or queens or similar areas) can a person still buy a three bedroom for lik e 350????

amother

Post Fri, Aug 11 2006, 1:11 pm
lubcoralsprings wrote:
I think it's crazy when people list their house/apartment for ridiculous amounts. I just saw a place advertised on shmais on Mont. street somewhere that needs work for almost a million. What kind of people can afford that? How are people supposed to make a mortgage on something like that? My hubbie has B"H a gr8 job but there is no way in heck we would ever be in the market for such a big mortgage ever...with or without kids. You need to be making well into the six figures to afford something like that and lets be realistic almost nobody makes that. Or I guess you need some very generous family which most people don't have.

By well into the six figures you mean WELL IN. My dh makes 6 figures and there is no way we could afford a mortgage on a 1 million dollar home. Impossible!

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Aug 11 2006, 1:18 pm
Some people put more down with investments or with family help...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics