Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Help! want to bring baby to work...

RedVines

Post Fri, Aug 11 2006, 12:11 am
I am opening up a business (actually partnering) meaning I will be there for morning hours. I used to teach so I have been really looking forward to bringing my baby with me. All of a sudden my usually really mellow baby needs to be held or nursed constantly. She is almost 5 months old. I am exclusivly nursing, and I can not get her to take even one bottle of formula during the day. I was so happy to FINALLY have this oppurtunity and now I feel like I am hiiting a wall.

Any advice as to how to make this work? Should I start cereal, is it that she is hungry? I am opening up a frame shop. So I will have room for playpen, swing, etc.

nicole81

Post Fri, Aug 11 2006, 12:16 am
Although it is recommended to delay solids until 6 months, if my child was constantly nursing, I would introduce earlier if they seemed ready.

If you get a sling, would you be able to get your work done? That way your baby could be snuggled up close to you and you could even nurse in it, but your hands would be free.

What about a new toy? Does she have an exersaucer? If not, that might keep her entertained for a while.

Also, is she teething that she wants to be held a lot? It might just be a passing phase.

tziviakayla

Post Fri, Aug 11 2006, 8:51 am
Are you suddenly busier than you have been in the past? Perhaps since you are preparing to open up your shop, you are generally holding her less and she is craving that extra attention.

Has there been a change in your milk supply? Maybe you are expecting and your supply has changed!

Your baby, as she becomes more active and awake during the day, may simply need more calories than what she is getting from nursing. Talk to her doctor about starting solids..she is close enough to the 6 month mark!

She also may be teething. Try a bit of Baby Tylenol and see if that helps.

Try to have your husband, mom, or a friend give her a bottle of formula. She associates you with nursing and that is what she expects from you! Someone else may have a better chance of giving her a bottle. Make sure you are not in the room and she does not see you.

Enjoy your baby and your shop! Very Happy

RedVines

Post Fri, Aug 11 2006, 11:28 am
Quote:
Although it is recommended to delay solids until 6 months, if my child was constantly nursing, I would introduce earlier if they seemed ready.

my doctor said that I could, I have just been delaying it.

Quote:
If you get a sling, would you be able to get your work done? That way your baby could be snuggled up close to you and you could even nurse in it, but your hands would be free.

I was just thinking of that...great idea, as well as the new toys...

Quote:
Are you suddenly busier than you have been in the past? Perhaps since you are preparing to open up your shop, you are generally holding her less and she is craving that extra attention.

I am holding her constantly....the whole time.

I need to figure out a sceduale...that is better than nursing on demand constantly...wow this is just so stressful... Thanks for your replys!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics