Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Judaica Jewlery

dee's mommy

Post Sun, Nov 21 2010, 6:25 pm
Although I have a small collection of Judaica Jewlery (like Magen David pendants, or Chai pendants and other similar things.) I notice that not very many women in my neighbourhood wear such things. (In fact I don't think that I have seen anybody wear anything like that.) We live in the "yeshivish" area of our city.

I was wondering, are such items of jewlery "out of style"? Do people just not wear such things for other reasons?

I'm not even talking about things with verses on them. Just the standard Magen David, Chai, name necklaces, and similar things.

Simple1

Post Sun, Nov 21 2010, 6:44 pm
I've noticed that too because I got a hand-me-down Jeish star necklace that I never wear. I'm not sure why. They aren't usually trendy looking as regular jewelry, but I'm not sure if there's some deeper reason.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Nov 22 2010, 4:29 am
It really depends who and were. Here I see it quite often.

DrMom

Post Mon, Nov 22 2010, 4:32 am
I have noticed that most women I know who wear such things are not frum. Just an observation; I wouldn't presume to pigeon-hole someone's observance on the basis of their jewelry.

I have a delicate magen david pendant (bat mitzvah gift) that I still wear from time to time.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics