Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
HELP - dd wont open her eyes

Sweet Valley Gal

Post Mon, Nov 29 2010, 5:39 pm
Daughter (16 months old kah) went to the babysitter as normal. Came home and was fine. I was playing with her and she was in a great mood. All of a sudden, she started rubbing her eye. I waited till she was done, thinking she was just tired, and when she moved her hand, her whole eye was blown up.

DH rushed her to the dr. He said its an allergic reaction to something. Fine. He prescribed benadryl. On the way home, she fell asleep. Or so dh thought. She was up, but she couldnt open her eyes. She came home, I gave her the med and she wouldnt open her eyes.

I called the dr back and he said its probably just itchy. Sad Sad My poor poor baby.

Did anyone have a similar experience with itchy eyes that they were so itchy your child couldnt open their eyes?

I do trust my dr but I just want to know if anyone else had anything similar.

TIA

gs675

Post Mon, Nov 29 2010, 5:46 pm
So sorry for you sounds horrible! I remember my cousin told me her daughter had it as well and they got drops to put in her eyes. Good luck! Hugs

amother

Post Mon, Nov 29 2010, 5:54 pm
Yes. Had this w/ my seven month old. Went to hospital where she was given a benedryl and cortisone shot. She had hives all over her body. She got decadron as the cortisone, I think. Now we have an epipen at home which we have not had to use. Turns out she is allergic to dairy. Bh it passed. It looks scarier than it is. Refuah Shleima!

Sweet Valley Gal

Post Mon, Nov 29 2010, 5:56 pm
amother wrote:
Yes. Had this w/ my seven month old. Went to hospital where she was given a benedryl and cortisone shot. She had hives all over her body. She got decadron as the cortisone, I think. Now we have an epipen at home which we have not had to use. Turns out she is allergic to dairy. Bh it passed. It looks scarier than it is. Refuah Shleima!
OMG. yikes.

When you found out she was allergiv to dairy, was she eating dairy regularly? Im nervous that might be it since she started breaking out around the time that she drinks her milk bottles.

I sincerely hope not bec she is such a picky eater and only likes dairy basically.

Thanks!

manhattanmom

Post Wed, Dec 15 2010, 11:18 pm
Sweet Valley Gal wrote:
amother wrote:
OMG. yikes.

When you found out she was allergiv to dairy, was she eating dairy regularly? Im nervous that might be it since she started breaking out around the time that she drinks her milk bottles.

I sincerely hope not bec she is such a picky eater and only likes dairy basically.

Thanks!

If she is breaking out the time she drinks her milk bottles, it seems a bit obvious, no? I hope you've gone to an allergist by now.

Sweet Valley Gal

Post Wed, Dec 15 2010, 11:30 pm
A funny thing just happened. I was scrolling thru the threds on the homepage and I saw this thread so I thought hey this thing just happened to me. let me open it and see. So I opened it and started reading the OP and then I chapped that I was the one who posted this!!

BH it was just a one time thing. It never happened again.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics