Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
New jewish novels
1  2  Next

deena19k

Post Mon, Dec 06 2010, 9:42 pm
anyone now of any upcoming jewish novels?

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Dec 06 2010, 10:35 pm
upcoming or just released?

Tova

Post Mon, Dec 06 2010, 10:37 pm
On my wish list right now: Chaim Walder's new People Speak (#4 I think) and Yael Mermelstein's Second Chances (?). As I just treated myself recently to new reading material, I am going to wait before splurging again.

Sweet Valley Gal

Post Mon, Dec 06 2010, 10:53 pm
Tova wrote:
On my wish list right now: Chaim Walder's new People Speak (#4 I think) and Yael Mermelstein's Second Chances (?). As I just treated myself recently to new reading material, I am going to wait before splurging again.
great book. it was printed in a serial the weekly paper puts out and I loved it. every week no matter how busy I was, it comes friday afternoon, I would read the chapter!

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Dec 06 2010, 11:09 pm
Oasis by sarah kisner just came out, and Castle Builders by menucha chana levin.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Dec 06 2010, 11:22 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
Oasis by sarah kisner just came out, and Castle Builders by menucha chana levin.

im reading castle builders now....its a little slow, kinda boring. I just read the other book that they sell with it- the youngest bride. not AWESOME reading, but definitely interesting.

I also wanted to read oasis and second chances- they synopsis sounded very interesting for both.

RHALL

Post Tue, Dec 07 2010, 12:03 am
Yael Mermelstein is an AWESOME writer, I think in Binah I've read her stuff.

deena19k

Post Tue, Dec 07 2010, 12:39 pm
upcoming

deena19k

Post Tue, Dec 07 2010, 12:40 pm
upcoming

SMTIMA

Post Tue, Dec 07 2010, 3:53 pm
oh lots of fun stuff coming in the next few months... but I can't give away company secrets, sorry LOL

deena19k

Post Tue, Dec 07 2010, 6:48 pm
can you give any hints? or at least how soon new books will be coming out?

SMTIMA

Post Tue, Dec 07 2010, 9:11 pm
Are you looking for something specific?
In general from after chanukah until close to purim time it goes pretty dead. For some reason people don't shop in seforim stores much in the dead of the winter, not sure why though... but I can tell you that there is a short story, inspiration type, coming out in the next 2-3 weeks and a sequel to a novel everyone was talking about coming probably in about a month... can't say more about that though.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Dec 07 2010, 9:44 pm
SMTIMA wrote:
In general from after chanukah until close to purim time it goes pretty dead. For some reason people don't shop in seforim stores much in the dead of the winter, not sure why though... but I can tell you that there is a short story, inspiration type, coming out in the next 2-3 weeks and a sequel to a novel everyone was talking about coming probably in about a month... can't say more about that though.

For an in depth treatment of the winter doldrums, readers are invited to check out Meir Uri Gottesman's treatise on the subject, Chaimkel the Dreamer.

ILOVELIFE

Post Wed, Dec 08 2010, 10:46 pm
SMTIMA wrote:

Where do you work? It must be such fun to read books in advance

Mamish Mama

Post Wed, Dec 08 2010, 10:53 pm
[quote="Tova"]On my wish list right now: Chaim Walder's new People Speak (#4 I think) quote]

When is this coming out??? I have been waiting years!!!

bashinda

Post Thu, Dec 09 2010, 1:39 pm
I'm liking Second Chances but there's a description of violence and crime which I could have done without. It's definitely not for older elementary school girls for instance.

deena19k

Post Thu, Dec 09 2010, 7:28 pm

There never seems to be enough jewish novels out that are not thrillers.
Would love a novel with normal everyday problems that ordinary people deal with...
also historical novels that are researched well....
I just don't feel there are enough frum books published for avid book readers

Tova

Post Thu, Dec 09 2010, 8:46 pm
[quote="Mamish Mama"]
Tova wrote:
On my wish list right now: Chaim Walder's new People Speak (#4 I think) quote]

When is this coming out??? I have been waiting years!!!

It's out. I ordered it from Feldheim today to take advantage of their Chanukah sale that ended today. It was $16.79 sale price.

bashinda

Post Thu, Dec 09 2010, 11:08 pm
There might be a spoiler to Second Chances here:

I should clarify that Second Chances is really not a thriller and it might be just what you're looking for, deena19k. It's about various people who are looking for "second chances". It's just that one of the people who are looking for a second chance happens to be an ex gang member which is where the violent description comes in. She was describing something in her past.

Tova

Post Thu, Dec 09 2010, 11:15 pm
bashinda, it piqued my interest (and I love Yael Mermelstein's writing in Binah) so I ordered that too (from Artscroll). I think I used up my book allowance and can't buy anything else until Pesach LOL .
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room