Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
What brainless thing have u done lately?
  Previous  1  2  3 21  22  23 25  26  27  Next

seeker

Post Mon, Dec 12 2016, 12:52 am
I love this thread so much.

cuties' mom

Post Mon, Dec 12 2016, 10:58 am
Last week, I was in the hospital with yds for some testing. Everyone kept coming into the room to ask me the same questions over and over again, and naturally, ds was bored and restless. While I was answering all the questions, ds tore apart the room, including removing the ac/heating vents on the windowsill. While I was talking to a social worker, I saw ds pick up my cell phone. I took it from him and put it on the windowsill. It wasn't until I heard ringing coming from inside the radiator, that I realized the vents were removed. Someone from the maintenance department had to take apart the whole thing in order to get my phone out.

theoneandonly

Post Tue, Dec 13 2016, 8:34 am
This is from years ago, when I was probably a young teen.

I go to sleep for a nap Shabbos afternoon. I wake up and see the clock says seven. Okay, it's morning, time to get up and eat breakfast. I head downstairs and pass a clock in the hallway that says it is seven PM, and I think, "huh, that's weird, the clock is broken. It should say seven AM."

I get downstairs and see that my mother is still dressed in her Shabbos clothes, and the dining room table still has things on it from the seuda. I think, "huh, that's weird, was Mommy up all night in her Shabbos clothes? And why did no one clear the table?"

My mother says to me, "So-and-so just left not too long ago. She came over to see you but I didn't want to wake you up."

I think, "huh, that's weird, why would she come visit so early in the morning?"

I go to the kitchen and eat a bowl of cereal for breakfast. After that it finally dawns on me that it is Shabbos afternoon/evening, not Sunday morning, and things make a lot more sense...

Jeanette

Post Wed, Dec 14 2016, 9:35 am
I have a file that I update each week for work. I save the file under that day's date. Well this week I updated the file and you guessed it, I saved before changing the date on the file, so I lost all the data for the previous week!

(Obviously this is not a perfect system...)

tryinghard

Post Wed, Dec 14 2016, 10:51 am
Just showed up at 9 AM for an appointment... too bad it was scheduled for 12...

jewwoman

Post Wed, Dec 14 2016, 11:09 am
Was lying on my bed relaxing the other day. Then got up and started looking everywhere for my glasses. Started panicking cos I couldn't find them so went to switch on the light. Felt my head to see if I was being brainless. They weren't there.
Then I realised they were on my nose all the time. 😅😅😅

Twinster

Post Wed, Dec 14 2016, 12:26 pm
Drove 20 minutes to the gym. As I walked in, I realized I forgot my headphones (if I don't have my headphones, I chicken out too fast).

So I drove back home and went searching for my headphones. Couldn't find it anywhere. Figured I'll go back without my headphones.

Got back in the car and lo and behold, my headphones were right there in the passenger seat. Just killed 40 minutes.

Got back to the gym. Went in and was about to start my workout when I realized I forgot to put on my sneakers. Went to fetch them from the car. Spent 10 minutes searching my car before realizing I had worn them all day. At wits end

By that time I had to rush back home for the kids.

wazup

Post Wed, Dec 14 2016, 1:52 pm
was talking to my friend on my cell phone while I was shopping. then realized I couldn't find my phone in my p[ocket! figured I must have put it down at some point and went searching all over Walmart looking. finally my friend was like "what are you doing?"
so I told her was searching for my phone- I must have left it somewhere. she was like "uh your talking to me on it..." lol

Rutabaga

Post Wed, Dec 14 2016, 2:59 pm
That reminds me of the time I retraced my steps all through a huge Walmart looking for my baby's summer hat which she kept throwing out of the shopping cart. I asked a few employees if they had seen a bright pink hat with a flower and they all said no until one woman asked me if I meant the one in my hand. Sure enough, I was holding it the whole time!

besty

Post Wed, Dec 14 2016, 3:05 pm
I feel brainless rolling my brains off reading through this thread its the cutest!!!!!!!!!!!

sometimes when im on the way home and thinking what I have to do when I et home im like first ill change and im trying to figure out what im wearing......

ysdm

Post Thu, Dec 28 2017, 12:15 pm
pizza4 wrote:
I tried taking out my contact lenses... in the morning, instead of putting them in, and wondering why it isn't coming out....

Ouch

Jewishfoodie

Post Thu, Dec 28 2017, 12:52 pm
This thread is awesome and hysterical! I can relate to so many of them! I called my meat store today and gave them my fish order. I almost died when she said, "this is a butcher store". Booshah

jewishmom4

Post Thu, Dec 28 2017, 2:01 pm
I ran to the neighborhood grocery 2 hrs before shabbos for grape juice, I saw cranberry juice, and white grape, couldn't find regular grape juice, was walking around the whole place till I stopped someone and asked him, and he points right near me, and says reg grape juice?? right here!!

jewishmom4

Post Thu, Dec 28 2017, 2:03 pm
one put in pizza spice -oregano instead of parley in the fish, looks very similar, tried scooping out , didn't work, had to chuck out whatever I already put in the pan and start anew

singleagain

Post Thu, Dec 28 2017, 2:04 pm
Today I started driving to work and halfway I realized I didn't put on my glasses. Thank God I only need them for distance and a very low prescription. Also, thank God my dad was coming up this way and bought then to me

InnerMe

Post Thu, Dec 28 2017, 2:21 pm
I am queen of brainless things. Just yesterday:
I was searching for an address for an apt I was looking at. I was sure I took it down. I searched all my scribbled on papers. Called the broker a few times, who did not pick up. Texted her several times. Called home number. Son says mom's not home. Gee. Awesome.
After some time she calls back with the address.

Then at night checking my texts I see that she had TEXTED it to me.
After all that. Sigh.

Last edited by InnerMe on Thu, Dec 28 2017, 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jewishfoodie

Post Thu, Dec 28 2017, 2:22 pm
Okay. This is not something I did but it's still hysterical. In my gyno's office, the receptionist was asking an extremely elderly person some questions. One of them? Are you on any form of birth control? Now, the poor elderly woman who might have been hard of hearing, asked her to repeat the question. She did. The waiting room is probably still laughing today...

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Dec 28 2017, 2:25 pm
I showed my 7 and 11 yr old before I went to school that I'm preparing lunch for them since I'm at work and they are coming home early today . My older kids are there to supervise but are fasting so I didn't want them to be bothered making lunch .
I told them I'll make hard boiled eggs and they can make e.g. salad or eat it how they want etc. They saw me put the eggs in the pot. Anyway I get a call before from my DS that he went to peel the hard boiled egg and raw egg splattered everywhere. I never turned on the flame!!!!!

Last edited by thunderstorm on Thu, Dec 28 2017, 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

wife2

Post Thu, Dec 28 2017, 2:35 pm
I was filling out an application that asked for my age. I had to think for a minute if I was a certain age or not as I'd recently had a birthday. I actually had to think of what year I was born in to figure it out. Surprised I dont want to see

Surrendered

Post Thu, Dec 28 2017, 11:44 pm
A yungerman walked into shul with his white sleeping yarmulka on. He was lucky that a comedian past him by, the comedian exchanged his yarmulka and said: maila for me it makes sense, at least you shouldn't be embarrassed!
Page 22 of 27   Previous  1  2  3 21  22  23 25  26  27  Next Recent Topics