Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
ISO Parenting Course Focusing on Toddlers?

amother

Post Wed, Dec 08 2010, 6:41 pm
I'm really interested in taking a Dina Friedman type of course, but my oldest is only 2 1/2. I feel like I don't know what I'm doing when it comes to parenting him, though, and I'd rather not wade my way through a couple of years of mess ups before I finally end up taking a course about how to parent well. At the same time, I don't want to sit through a course that focuses on dealing with teens and older kids. I'd really like one that focuses primarily on toddlers and younger kids, especially what is "normal" at each age and how to discipline those ages correctly.

Is there a course out there like that?

AlwaysGrateful

Post Mon, Jan 03 2011, 7:05 am
No one ever responded to this? I'd be interested too. If you've taken a parenting course, or several different kinds (even better), did you find that one of them was particularly helping in parenting a toddler?

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 7:27 am
Could I bump this up? Anyone have any good toddler classes or cds they sell? Or perhaps a lecture? I just want some good tips thanks!

Queen6

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 7:35 am
Sari Yaraslowitz Behavior Manaagement

behappy2

Post Mon, Apr 24 2017, 8:35 am
Dina Friedman's course is actually perfect for a 2 1/2 year old. She basically starts at 2. Her course is very comprehensive. I would not take Sara Yaroslovitz's course as she focuses solely on behavior management in a vacuum without considering the child's whole self and their emotional world. She has a one size fits all approach that is similar to ABA. I know ppl that have had bad experience especially with difficult children. It created a very unhealthy relationship between the parent and child. It created a very angry child. I don't think Dina's course has all the answers but I don't think any other frum parenting course matches up to hers.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics