Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Ideas for more healthy eating

e1234

Post Sat, Dec 11 2010, 2:56 pm
I'm slowly trying to shift to more healthy eating.
I"m stopping to buy all the candy and nosh -it's not good for any of us. Maybe a drop for shabbos but otherwise it gets too much.. So I need more healthy nosh - I started with nuts and raisins but I need more.

Also for meals - what do you do for picky eaters. How can you stick healthy things in your meals.
I use ww flour mixes with white as my kids won't eat it with just WW.
I also started putting wheat germ in almost anything I make as you don't taste it

any other ideas?

3mitzvos

Post Sat, Dec 11 2010, 3:28 pm
I'm also trying to make my home healthier. For snacks, my daughter loves applesauce (no sugar added) and dried mango (no sugar added). She goes crazy for the mango! It's like candy for her. If you go into a health-food store or nuts/dried fruit store, you'll see that there are SO many different choices for dried fruit. They even had dried Hibiscus one time! Also, homemade popcorn is a good idea if you're in the mood for more of a salty/savory flavor. Cut up carrot sticks, celery,and peppers served w/peanut butter, hummus or g'vina levana. Also, I sometimes make a smoothie using frozen strawberries and blueberries, ice, and yogurt. It's delicious.

As for sticking healthy things into meals for those picky eaters...I have no clue! I'm having trouble with that myself!

Hashemlovesme

Post Sat, Dec 11 2010, 4:02 pm
I'm trying to...

I started making muffins & cookies with whole wheat & oatmeal. ok so it has sugar & sometimes choc chips (raisins would work too though) but I don't feel so bad eating them or giving it to dd.

e1234

Post Sun, Dec 12 2010, 2:29 am
Quote:
I started making muffins & cookies with whole wheat & oatmeal. ok so it has sugar & sometimes choc chips (raisins would work too though) but I don't feel so bad eating them or giving it to dd.

if it tastes good can you give me the recipe?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics