Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Israeli Doctors Treating Terrorists
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

Do you think Israeli doctors should treat terrorists?
yes  
 29%  [ 14 ]
no  
 70%  [ 34 ]
Total Votes : 48

Tefila

Post Mon, Mar 07 2005, 10:40 am
Quote:
anyway, this thread has gone way off topic....

as usual LOL LOL LOL LOL

gryp

Post Mon, Jun 20 2005, 11:25 am
heres some news from today that fits into this topic:
http://www.arutzsheva.com/news.php3?id=84198

Motek

Post Tue, Jun 21 2005, 6:37 am
more on that story:

http://www.israelnationalnews......84264

Quote:
"The terrorist infrastructure took advantage of her medical condition," read an IDF statement, "in order to carry out a major suicide bombing attack inside Israel
."

and my opinion is JEWS NEED TO LOOK OUT FOR JEWS FIRST! And therefore, let the Arabs take care of their own people in their own hospitals with their own doctors.

There shouldn't be the slightest chance of a Jew being put in danger in order to help our sworn enemies!

"He who has compassion when he should be cruel, will be cruel when he should have compassion"!

gryp

Post Wed, Jun 22 2005, 11:29 am
by the way, all major news networks except FOX boycotted this story. it doesnt fit with their agenda of the image they want to portray of Israel oppressing the Arabs. instead some networks did report about Israel causing damage in Gaza.

baby's mom

Post Thu, Aug 11 2005, 5:20 pm
I think that after they are treated, terrorists are source for more information on future bombings, locating other terrorists...
the IDF, police or whoever interrogate and get more info to work with.

Motek

Post Thu, Aug 11 2005, 6:32 pm
true, but they can also be given up in prisoner exchanges - you know, hundreds of terrorists for 3 dead men and one live one ...

Pearl

Post Fri, Aug 12 2005, 2:18 am
and the huge price israel always pays for bringing sons home (hv's dead, or iyh alive) is because it's the most important thing, so they will do almost everything for it....

baby's mom

Post Fri, Aug 12 2005, 6:56 pm
rachmana litzlan! Exploding anger
Sometimes I wonder about the gov. is it worth all the bribes that they get???
I guess this is Hashem's will....

Aish

Post Wed, Aug 24 2005, 4:44 pm
[quote="rydys
Quote:
I do have the right and obligation as a doctor to do the best I can to heal anyone who comes before me and needs my help.

that is nonsense, plain and simple. you DO NOT have the right, nor the obligation to do your best to heal anyone who comes before you. not someone who ATTEMPTED and SUCCEEDED in heinous murder sprees on your fellow yid.
Is that the sheep motto they teach all premed students?!
I shudder in fear to think of what the "american medical society" is badly producing in their "educational systems?!?!?!
I have doubts about a dr's integrity when he/she makes ludicrous statements such as these.

de_goldy

Post Thu, Aug 25 2005, 6:09 am
Aish - ever heared of the hippocratic oath?
ALL doctors have taken the oath and thus DO have an obligation.
And to doubt the integrity fo someone who stands by the oath?? THAT is ludicrous.

Quote:

I swear to fulfill, to the best of my ability and judgment, this covenant:

I will respect the hard-won scientific gains of those physicians in whose steps I walk, and gladly share such knowledge as is mine with those who are to follow.

I will apply, for the benefit of the sick, all measures which are required, avoiding those twin traps of overtreatment and therapeutic nihilism.

I will remember that there is art to medicine as well as science, and that warmth, sympathy, and understanding may outweigh the surgeon's knife or the chemist's drug.

I will not be ashamed to say "I know not," nor will I fail to call in my colleagues when the skills of another are needed for a patient's recovery.

I will respect the privacy of my patients, for their problems are not disclosed to me that the world may know. Most especially must I tread with care in matters of life and death. If it is given me to save a life, all thanks. But it may also be within my power to take a life; this awesome responsibility must be faced with great humbleness and awareness of my own frailty. Above all, I must not play at God.

I will remember that I do not treat a fever chart, a cancerous growth, but a sick human being, whose illness may affect the person's family and economic stability. My responsibility includes these related problems, if I am to care adequately for the sick.

I will prevent disease whenever I can, for prevention is preferable to cure.

I will remember that I remain a member of society, with special obligations to all my fellow human beings, those sound of mind and body as well as the infirm.

If I do not violate this oath, may I enjoy life and art, respected while I live and remembered with affection thereafter. May I always act so as to preserve the finest traditions of my calling and may I long experience the joy of healing those who seek my help.

TzenaRena

Post Thu, Aug 25 2005, 6:16 am
Well this is just another example of a conflict between western society's mores and Torah principles, because it is against halacha to save the life of a rodef. (have to look it up, once learned it.)

Mandy

Post Thu, Aug 25 2005, 7:19 am
Aish, what would you think about a doctor ( or a homeopath, for that matter) who didn't want to treat you because you are a Jew ? Would you have doubts about his or her morals and competence or would you be happy that this person is standing by his principles and not being a sheep ?

Sarayehudis : this is what rydys wrote about the halacha on page one of this thread
Quote:
The halacha is actually not to kill him-only to incapacitate so that he can no longer harm you. You are only allowed to kill him if that is the only way to incapacitate him.

I wonder why no one has suggested that we all ask our rav if it ever becomes relevant. This seems to be a complex question, similar to other questions of life and death ( abortion, euthanasia) where people want to have control over who lives and who doesn't and it seems that we need a rav's input.

Aish

Post Thu, Aug 25 2005, 11:46 am
[quote="Mandy"]
Quote:
Aish, what would you think about a doctor ( or a homeopath, for that matter) who didn't want to treat you because you are a Jew ?

excuse me, I thought for a moment you compared an INNOCENT jew to a MURDERER and TERRORIST?!?!?!?!?!?
silly me Drunken Smile

Aish

Post Thu, Aug 25 2005, 11:48 am
hey mandy, would you save a terrorist?
you seem so pro....
don't bother answering that!

Last edited by Aish on Thu, Aug 25 2005, 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mandy

Post Thu, Aug 25 2005, 2:11 pm
I am just pointing out that if it is okay for a doctor to decide who to treat, it should be just fine for the doctor to decide not to treat Jews.

What if the patient is not a terrorist, but is a murderer ? Or what if the patient is a wife beater ? Would you, Aish, as a doctor, treat a person whom you knew would go home and beat his wife and kids ? Would you treat a person who is not a terrorist, but supports terrorist causes ? Would you treat a person who is is not a criminal or a murderer but is an anti-semite ? Where do you draw the line ?

Aish

Post Thu, Aug 25 2005, 3:54 pm
mandy,
to refresh the memory,
this thread is called "israeli doctors treating terrorists"
keep on the topic.

Mandy

Post Thu, Aug 25 2005, 6:44 pm
Quote:
I do have the right and obligation as a doctor to do the best I can to heal anyone who comes before me and needs my help.

aish writes :
Quote:
that is nonsense, plain and simple. you DO NOT have the right, nor the obligation to do your best to heal anyone who comes before you

Your recent post made this thread about whether doctors should be allowed to choose whom they treat. That is what I am responding to.

MatzosMama

Post Tue, Aug 30 2005, 12:21 pm
Well the oath that Dr's take is one of needed blindness. Blindness to the evil that goes on arond them. But I say sure go ahead and save the life, so they can be exicuted by the govenment that has the B--ls to convict them....so this get s me steamed up

Post Tue, Aug 30 2005, 12:33 pm
I didn't read this whole topic, but my dh's cousin was injured a few years ago when there was this terrorist shooting at people on Rechov Yaffo. she was w/ her sem. roommate who had a bullet go thru her lung. here's an excerpt from an article about her (the friend):
Quote:
Shayna arrived at Shaare Zedek at about 4:25 p.m. Tuesday with no pulse, sagging veins and tremendous blood loss, and doctors immediately operated, said Shapiro. In five hours of surgery, doctors would have to break three ribs in surgery in order to remove her left lung and then wire together the broken ribs. When he arrived, Ron learned that thoracic surgeon Dr. Maher Deeb was concerned about infection because they operated so fast without taking all the normal sterility procedures. Dr. Deeb and Dr. Salah Odatallah, her critical care physician, are both Israeli Arabs.

so Israeli Arabs successfully (b'H) treated an American Jewish girl.

baby's mom

Post Tue, Aug 30 2005, 12:47 pm
Israeli Arabs are not in the same category as Palestinian terrorists!!
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics