Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Israeli Doctors Treating Terrorists
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

Do you think Israeli doctors should treat terrorists?
yes  
 29%  [ 14 ]
no  
 70%  [ 34 ]
Total Votes : 48

Post Tue, Aug 30 2005, 4:38 pm
you're right. I was definitely not trying to make that comparison.

Motek

Post Wed, Aug 31 2005, 3:35 pm
baby's mom wrote:
Israeli Arabs are not in the same category as Palestinian terrorists!!

if they try to murder Jews, and THEY HAVE, then they certainly are in the same category

amother

Post Wed, Feb 01 2006, 9:08 pm
RG wrote:
Quote:
So do you call a stone thrower a terrorist?

A STONE THROWER IS A POTENTIAL TERRORIST!

Have you ever been thrown stones at?

not I personally, no, but I have been glared-daggers at.

however, I have read in the papers that in certain neighborhoods, black-garbed, fervently religious individuals have been known to throw stones at motorists who desecrate their holy day of rest by driving through the streets.

vehamayvin yovin.

gryp

Post Wed, Feb 01 2006, 9:46 pm
have you read thru the thread? we discussed that already.

Friendly

Post Thu, Feb 02 2006, 5:43 am
Oh my gosh- am I the only one feeling sick?? This thread title is a straight forward question- it's TERRORISTS were discussing here!!! Yes, those people who are OUTRIGHT out to get us!! Let's not fool ourselves. I'd say if I were a docor and faced with this dilemma... I would just feel too nauseated to actually go and actively treat this guy to save his life. Maybe my moral obligations are otherwise, and maybe in my head I'd be telling myself to go for it and do what I have to do, but I can't see how I would physically be able to bring myself to treat him. And if I'd have the chance to catch his eyes, do you think 'd see gratitude there, or pure hatred?? I've seen firsthand those dagger-glares. Oh, I'd probably just assign him to another doctor...

amother

Post Thu, Feb 02 2006, 9:00 am
Friendly wrote:
I've seen firsthand those dagger-glares.

The dagger-glares I personally experienced came from the black-garbed fundamentalist camp. And no, I was not (ch"v) driving through Meah Shearim on Shabbos.

gryp

Post Thu, Feb 02 2006, 10:35 am
Friendly, its so nice to hear someone who is intellectually honest! thanx for your post. Smile

Motek

Post Thu, Feb 02 2006, 10:59 am
amother wrote:
The dagger-glares I personally experienced came from the black-garbed fundamentalist camp. And no, I was not (ch"v) driving through Meah Shearim on Shabbos.

I've been in Israel many times and look like an American and never had that experience. Perhaps "dagger glares" is your interpretation of a look that wasn't meant in that way.

What were you wearing?

p.s. I find the phrase "black-garbed fundamentalist camp" derogatory. Are you including all the black-garbed Chasidim of Boro Park, Williamsburg, Monroe, New Square, Monsey, Antwerp, Stamford Hill, etc. etc. too? What about the black-garbed fundamentalist non-Chasidim who live in Bnei Brak, Yerushalayim, Lakewood, etc. etc.?

how about using your screen name?

gryp

Post Thu, Feb 02 2006, 11:01 am
fundamentalists here, fundamentalists there.
Jewish fundamentalists, Arab fundamentalists, all the same Rolling Eyes

Friendly

Post Thu, Feb 02 2006, 4:02 pm
No problem RG... Smile Amother, not sure what you mean then by dagger glares, like Motek I've been in Israel many times dressed trendily (is there such a word?) and I've never experienced that. But in those glares, did you see MURDER in their eyes? Cuz that's what I was talking about- how I've had Arabs look at me in that way. It's that smoldering, hate-filled stare that said: I'd be happy to kill you if only I had the chance. Which I don't doubt they would. That much has been proven.

supermom

Post Thu, Feb 02 2006, 4:13 pm
rydys wrote:
Quote:
does the Torah permit desecrating the Shabbos for a gentile?

This shaila has been asked and answered. the psak given is that today it is not only mutar but a chiyuv. this is discussed in the sefer Nishmas Avraham which is one of the basic seforim of medical halacha.

Funny you should say this because my cousin works with mada and they were called in for an accident on shabbos. she went in for the call because it was near us. and well they wanted her to go with the arab and she said I am not. but they said they need a perimedic to go and she said she is not allowed to go at all. but for the jew she was allowed to go of course.

ektsm

Post Thu, Feb 09 2006, 11:52 pm
Yikes I agree with you motek however israel is a democratic country and the doctor has no choice. I sure woulnd't want to be in that situation.

red sea

Post Fri, Feb 10 2006, 11:11 am
It is a very tough situation, but if any society decided that doctors need not treat people based on a reason - no matter how good it seems, - it is opening pandoras box, it can eventually lead to backfiring on any number of innocent people as well. It's dangerous for the medical field to be given the power of judges as well. Clearly though as an act of war, they do not deserve treatment by their sworn enemy whom they just tried/ or c"v succeeded in killing, but I think the medical profession is still safest not going down that path, we have to trust that their justice will be served from above even if their destiny places them on an operating table of a good dr who by choice of profession is obligated to treat them and helps save their lives. I hope that the ambulance people give precedence to all of the innocent first, and let the bad guy wait to be last.

Motek

Post Sun, Feb 12 2006, 11:28 am
please explain it to me - what is tough about having a policy of killing, rather than treating, people who try to kill you?

red sea

Post Sun, Feb 12 2006, 1:05 pm
Motek wrote:
please explain it to me - what is tough about having a policy of killing, rather than treating, people who try to kill you?

Because that would be the army's call not a dr who works in a hospital.

Motek

Post Sun, Feb 12 2006, 1:56 pm
sounds good to me, isn't that what the army is for? to defend the people by killing those who try to kill us?

Ruchel

Post Wed, Apr 26 2006, 1:56 pm
Although their oath obliges them to treat anyone, and although I'm sure many people would criticize them, personally I would prefer it if they didn't treat these subhuman monsters.

Motek

Post Sun, Aug 13 2006, 7:12 pm
Quote:
A Hizbullah guerilla who was moderately wounded in battle early Sunday morning was airlifted to an Israeli hospital for treatment.

Dr. Daniel Shani, executive director of the hospital in Nahariya, said the guerilla arrived in good condition. "He was brought to us by ambulance at around 5:30 a.m., and his condition was, generally speaking, good. He had an open wound in his right soldier," and other shrapnel wounds elsewhere on his body.

With regards to the type of treatment he was receiving, Dr. Shani insisted that it was no different than that of the average Israeli patient. "The ethnicity of the wounded is not important," he said.

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/S.....wFull

rainbow baby

Post Sat, Sep 02 2006, 6:09 pm
Here's a personnal story of hospitals saving terrorists lives. In the summer of 2001 I took ill in Isreal and was hospitalised for 10 days on Bikur Cholim hospital. While I was there, there were a few bombs. One morning around 7am a suicide bomber tried to get into the hospital 2 border policemen stopped him and chased him up the road away from Yaffa street. He detinated his bomb, B"H he was the onl one killed, but the border policemen were seriousely injured plus 10 other people. With out doubt more people would have been killed or hurt if it was not for the bravery of these policemen.
Anyway the ward was emptied fast. Outside one room there were placed armed soldiers and police. We thought at first it was one of the policemen that had been injurd. It turned out it was not. Well we have all heard of Paliwood. Well when they send in a suicide bomber they also send in photograph to picture the carnage, and take it back to the Palastian towns to help them gloat. Because it went wrong he was injured.
Talking to the staff they hated every second of looking after him but as they see it they need to do it. The main reason that they save them is so that they can interrogate them and hopefully get info out of them on other terror plots and who helped them this time.
So yes it is a very hard question to or to not save them.

Motek

Post Thu, May 17 2007, 10:38 am
a related stupidity:

Quote:
An Arab man from Gaza was given a VIP pass by Doctors Without Borders, which he used to plan assassinations of Prime Minister Olmert, Minister Lieberman and David Be’eri.

The 25-year-old PA Arab from Dir El Balah in Gaza, Masab Bashir, was charged in a Jerusalem Court Thursday. He has been employed by Docters Without Borders for at least five years and received a pass to travel freely to the Jerusalem region in his capacity as a doctor for the organization.

Doctors Without Borders are recognized by the UN as a humanitarian group and are granted free passage by the Israeli government through checkpoints and closed military areas.

http://www.israelnationalnews......22487
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics