Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Amaretto Cake
1  2  Next

Yael

Post Fri, Sep 10 2004, 6:08 pm
This is a delicious moist cake that is sure to get compliments. I received it for Purim one year and it was finished within minutes of the first cut. After that getting the recipe became a priority.

Servings: 4
Ingredients:
2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1 pk instant vanilla pudding
4 eggs
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 cup orange juice
2/3 cup oil
1/4 cup vodka
1/4 cup amaretto (almond liquor)

Directions:
Mix well. Pour into a bundt pan.
Bake at 350 for 1 hour and 5 minutes.

RachelSteph

Post Sun, Sep 12 2004, 12:34 am
Sounds like something to make for the holidays but can the sugars be reduced and can children eat it with the liquor in it? Question

Chanie

Post Mon, Sep 13 2004, 12:02 pm
I think the alcohol cooks out. I mean I never got "tipsy" while eating this cake, and I've had times that I sat dwn and ate a lot.
About the less sugar, I've never tried. But if you do and are succsessful, please let me know, perhaps I'd try it myself.

RachelSteph

Post Mon, Sep 13 2004, 6:37 pm
Ya I figured that the Alcohol wouldn't cause a problem I really don't know why I asked that question but I will try less sugar or maybe even use Twin or splenda insted. Anyhow Thanks for responding be well and have a Shana Tova. Smile

proudmom

Post Mon, Sep 13 2004, 6:40 pm
you could probably add some apple sauce instead of all that sugar or you could put honey

RachelSteph

Post Mon, Sep 13 2004, 7:45 pm
I sometimes use Apple sause to avoid sugar thanks I didn't think of that until now.

proudmom

Post Mon, Sep 13 2004, 7:46 pm
I hope it will come out good, good luck

RachelSteph

Post Tue, Sep 14 2004, 9:41 am
Thanks a bunch. Shana Tova!

sharon

Post Sun, Sep 19 2004, 6:12 pm
this is an ammmazzzing cake, you won't believe how quickly it will be eaten. DOn't worry about the alcohol content since it has no taste of alcohol in it! Enjoy it,

BTW, which cookbook did you get this recipe from?

RachelSteph

Post Mon, Sep 20 2004, 1:17 pm
I just made an apple cake with this new kind of sugar that I found called Splenda it only has 2 cal. per tsp unlike the other sugar which is 16 cal. and it cooks the same plus you can use less sugar I found it was better. so for this Succot I'm going to make the Amaretto cake with less sugar, all tell you how it comes out.

zuncompany

Post Mon, Sep 20 2004, 2:14 pm
splenda is wonderful. I learned about it when I was on the gestational diabetes diet. However... it makes some things taste a little funny. Just have to try things out and pick and choose what you use it in. For baking it usually is great. For salad dressings I have found it tastes a bit off.
Sara

RachelSteph

Post Mon, Sep 20 2004, 2:28 pm
Thanks for telling me, so far I've only used it for baking.

CS

Post Mon, Sep 20 2004, 3:38 pm
I've never tried replacing sugar with applesauce, but I do replace oil with applesauce all the time - it really cuts down on the fat and I think it tastes better too.

proudmom

Post Mon, Sep 20 2004, 6:00 pm
I mixed it up it was suppose to be applesauce instead of oil. You can try to use honey instead.

Chanie

Post Tue, Sep 28 2004, 9:40 am
my sisters friend gave me the recipe a few years ago, I have no idea where she got the recipe from.

chestnut

Post Tue, Sep 28 2004, 5:24 pm
a very stupid question: can I use coffee liquor insted of almond one? I know, it's not gonna be called amaretto cake anymore Wink (I think I can survive that), but I dont' wanna buy amaretto for this.

Chanie

Post Mon, Oct 04 2004, 4:03 pm
I think that it should work out with coffe liqour. I've never tried it before like that, but I think what makes the cake so awazing is the texture and moistness, which should change with a different liquor. It wont taste the same, but I'm sure it'll still be delicious.
RachelSteph- About the less sugar, I make the cake all the time and never tried it with less sugar until this past week when putting the batter together and relised I was short 1/4 cup. My family couldn't even taste the diffference. I think next time I will try it with only 1 1/2 cups to see if the results change too drastically.

chestnut

Post Mon, Oct 04 2004, 4:45 pm
thanks a lot fro your reply. I don't really know how to bake.
will definitely try it soon.

sharon

Post Mon, Oct 11 2004, 9:14 am
I made it with a chocolate amaretto liquer I had from israel and it was fabulous! In fact I'm having a difficult time locating this liquer since I finished it all up and the regular amaretto just doens't have the same "zing" to it, not that it is a bad cake with regular amaretto its just that the chocolate added something nicer to the cake.

cy

Post Wed, Oct 27 2004, 10:33 am
I tasted somewhere a chocolate cake that had liqour in it, it was delicious, anyone have a recipe for such a cake?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins