Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Barons & Bankers
1  2  3  Next

ESB

Post Sun, Dec 19 2010, 4:25 pm
Anyone saw it yet? Feetback please.

Pinky

Post Sun, Dec 19 2010, 4:37 pm
went last night, it was very very professtional the costumes the props the actors etc but the story itself wasn't anything major I was a little bored if you enjoy historical storys its worth going!

pumpernickle

Post Sun, Dec 19 2010, 4:49 pm
The script was beautifully written. the drama, fantastic! The songs amazing, and the music perfect! Really a masterpiece. The story wasn't the most exciting, but it was worked out to the max! Beautiful experience! And tweedledeed, was it you on the playbill?

mammele26

Post Sun, Dec 19 2010, 5:19 pm
pumpernickle wrote:
The script was beautifully written. the drama, fantastic! The songs amazing, and the music perfect! Really a masterpiece. The story wasn't the most exciting, but it was worked out to the max! Beautiful experience! And tweedledeed, was it you on the playbill?

I second this and what pinky wrote. Btw, I'm quite sure that was tweedledee on the playbill!

chaya35

Post Sun, Dec 19 2010, 8:28 pm
I really enjoyed it.

Tweedledee

Post Sun, Dec 19 2010, 11:26 pm
yup that was me. lol. I was in the ensemble (I was the one in the center with the huge burgandy dress and curly wig), and I also played fouche. I was also the british guy everyone kept shushing in the banker scene. just came back from tonight's performance. it was so much fun. I wish I could do this every night.

ESB

Post Sun, Dec 19 2010, 11:48 pm
I just came back from tonights performance. Its really great. I loved it. So different.

Tweedledee you were great.

Tweedledee

Post Sun, Dec 19 2010, 11:54 pm
thanx. glad you had fun

Tweedledee

Post Sun, Dec 19 2010, 11:56 pm
there will be one more performance in 3 weeks, jan 8th.. everyone come.

reachout

Post Sun, Dec 19 2010, 11:59 pm
The above posters are right. It was very professional, well written, and the costumes were gorgeous. However, there was missing some suspence. I didn't feel like I was anxious for the next scene. Also, the songs were professional, but I didn't 'click' with any of them. Usually, I would be hooked on a song and replay it in my mind all the way home. I didn't feel like I came home with anything. Again, it was beautiful, but I must admit somewhat disappointing. You could see that a lot of work was put into this project.

Tweedledee

Post Mon, Dec 20 2010, 12:08 am
reachout wrote:
The above posters are right. It was very professional, well written, and the costumes were gorgeous. However, there was missing some suspence. I didn't feel like I was anxious for the next scene. Also, the songs were professional, but I didn't 'click' with any of them. Usually, I would be hooked on a song and replay it in my mind all the way home. I didn't feel like I came home with anything. Again, it was beautiful, but I must admit somewhat disappointing. You could see that a lot of work was put into this project.

really? I've been having "rothschild and sons" on replay in my head since rehearsals began in may

nicole81

Post Mon, Dec 20 2010, 12:15 am
I plan on coming to the january performance; my friend is in it! I hope there are still $20 tickets left...

Tweedledee

Post Mon, Dec 20 2010, 12:23 am
nicole81 wrote:
I plan on coming to the january performance; my friend is in it! I hope there are still $20 tickets left...

whos your friend?

nicole81

Post Mon, Dec 20 2010, 12:24 am
I don't want to post her name here, but I know she plays a man in the show. you can pm me if you want!

Tweedledee

Post Mon, Dec 20 2010, 9:47 am
just an interesting side note. this play was actually on broadway in the seventies under the title "the rothschilds". obviously we had to tweak it from a frum audience but most of it was the same.

ESB

Post Mon, Dec 20 2010, 10:01 am
nicole most parts are men.

Tweedledee

Post Mon, Dec 20 2010, 10:15 am
ESB wrote:
nicole most parts are men.

she PMs me. she means Prince Metternich, I won't post her real name here.

esteer

Post Mon, Dec 20 2010, 1:41 pm
[quote="Tweedledee"]
ESB wrote:
nicole most parts are men.[/quote

she PMs me. she means Prince Metternich, I won't post her real name here.
not to hard to find her real name its ion the playbill with a clear picture of her

Tweedledee

Post Mon, Dec 20 2010, 2:07 pm
that is true, but since most people in this site have not seen the play , its not a huge problem

pina colada

Post Mon, Dec 20 2010, 2:27 pm
where did it take place?
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics