Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
HELP! Someone Please Help! I cant stop eating and eating....

amother

Post Mon, Dec 20 2010, 3:40 pm
I need help. Badly. Over the past 2 years, I lost about 45 lbs. Since Yom Tov, I have gained almost 25 pounds from eating non stop. I eat packages of wafers, cookies, Pizza, Ice cream. Whatever isnt pinned down I eat. I dont know why. I have always been fat. I have always been heavy. But over the past 2 years I worked so hard, on Weight Watchers, and exercising. And I just blew it. Badly. Just like that. Im sick of weight watchers, sick of counting points, sick of exercising and I am mad.
I know I have to do something but what? I need my bread and pasta. and protiens, and fats and everything else. I am too lazy to exercise. I dont want to go back to Weight Watchers- parking is horrible and I have no time to circle for a half hour. I am lost.

Where do I go from here? My clothes dont fit, except for 1 skirt with a huge elastic waist.
I am broken Physically and emotionally.

Someone Please Help me get on track!

shnitzel

Post Mon, Dec 20 2010, 3:44 pm
Are you eating a very low fat diet?
Most people need to eat more fat to prevent binging. Other suggestions about chewing gum and keeping food out of your house are only band aids and don't really work. As you probably have noticed the urge to eat is completely uncontrollable and in my opinion physiological and not psychological and completely not your fault.

imasinger

Post Mon, Dec 20 2010, 3:45 pm
I can relate -- I have struggled with weight and eating forever. My mantra for success is S-E-W, for Sleep, exercise, and water. Are you sleeping enough? Do you drink enough water? For exercise, you can get past the lazies. Can you try just exercising for a VERY short time to start -- 10 minutes of walking, or 5 minutes of something more challenging? Then, gradually, you can expand it.

rosehill

Post Mon, Dec 20 2010, 3:50 pm
I've recommended the work of Geneen Roth many times on this board, and it's appropriate here as well. Please read her books on emotional eating.
When you're eating mindlessly, the way you describe, you're doing it to fill an emotional void, not a physical one. Counting points and calories and carbs isn't going to help you. You need to learn how to fill your emotional needs in a non self-destructive manner.

mammala120

Post Mon, Dec 20 2010, 4:08 pm
I would recommend rambams book

amother

Post Mon, Dec 20 2010, 4:35 pm
if the excuse about weight watchers and parking is a real excuse - meaning if thats whats stopping you. the park 10 minutes away where its easier to find parking and then u solved the parking problem plus u get a 20 min walk out of it.

I was in a very similiar situation though the numbers both ways werent as large (losing and gaining)
now im seeing a nutritionist weekly and daily emailing my daily food log to her.
that being achrayus to someone really helps.

also I made up with a friend that once we drop off the kids at school we'll go walking together.
I made up with another friend to do something else together
also I love swimming so im doing that once a week

its abut finding people that u make a commitment to and exercise that u enjoy (or at least dont hate)

what I did when I lived in brooklyn is I made up with someone to come to my home and we would exercise together. that way, even if I wasnt in the mood I couldnt give myself excuses bec I dont have self motivation to exercise.

but its not easy - even with seeing a nutritionist and all, I still gained on chanukah.

if u need a diet email buddy, id be glad to email you but for now ill be anon

amother

Post Mon, Dec 20 2010, 4:42 pm
I just ate a box of gushers!

applemartini101

Post Mon, Dec 20 2010, 4:42 pm
Why dont you try a program like OA? Or TLC?

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Dec 20 2010, 4:45 pm
It sounds like you need Overeater's Anonymous along with Weight Watchers, and a homeopath to help you with your cravings. PM Me for the last one.

amother

Post Mon, Dec 20 2010, 6:26 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
It sounds like you need Overeater's Anonymous along with Weight Watchers, and a homeopath to help you with your cravings. PM Me for the last one.

Where do I find frum OA

Lastdime

Post Wed, May 15 2013, 7:29 pm
I agree that you have to get to the bottom of why you are eating. Sometimes it is sugar and trigger foods that you just crave it. And mostly it is about eating feelings and avoiding whats bothering us . No diet will help if you can't reach inside and deal with the WHY am I eating issue. Dr Phil has a great book and then there is THIN within both dealing with the issues
For sure OA
and yet at least when you feel that need for food ask your self what is really bothering you . Are you bored, tired , thirsty , lonely ... you cant begin to diet unless you face why you are eating

oliveoil

Post Thu, May 16 2013, 9:19 pm
Lastdime wrote:
I agree that you have to get to the bottom of why you are eating. Sometimes it is sugar and trigger foods that you just crave it. And mostly it is about eating feelings and avoiding whats bothering us . No diet will help if you can't reach inside and deal with the WHY am I eating issue. Dr Phil has a great book and then there is THIN within both dealing with the issues
For sure OA
and yet at least when you feel that need for food ask your self what is really bothering you . Are you bored, tired , thirsty , lonely ... you cant begin to diet unless you face why you are eating

This post is from 3 years ago...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise