Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
18 month old vomiting & diarrhea but wants to eat!

amother

Post Mon, Dec 20 2010, 1:28 pm
My 18 month old has no fever but threw up a couple of times and has had diarrhea all day. He's otherwise acting fine and wants to eat all of his regular foods. I am trying to only give him dry cheerios, toast, etc..., but he wants milk with the cereal and cream cheese on his toast, and he was asking for fruit before etc... He's getting really cranky with the situation, especially now that the other kids are home and eating apples and yogurts . Any ideas of what I can give that will be nice on his poor little tummy?

mandksima

Post Mon, Dec 20 2010, 2:30 pm
Can you give him applesauce rather than fresh apples? Rice in a bit of chicken broth? Toast with peanut butter?

ra_mom

Post Mon, Dec 20 2010, 3:42 pm
grate an apple, and let it sit for a bit until it becomes brown. very helpful for diarrhea.

also cook up 1 cup of rice in 7 cups of water, until fully absorbed. this starchy rice is also very healing. add a sprinkle of salt, and it's delicious.

also, you can offer your child sips of coke that has no more bubbles in it. (you can pour some in a cup, and then stir really quickly with a butte knife until there is no more gas left in it.)

bananas are good, as is tea.

Refuah Shelaima!

octopus

Post Mon, Dec 20 2010, 3:51 pm
I hope your baby is drinking enough- it's very easy to get dehydrated from both vomiting and diarrhea!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics