Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Breakfast ideas for flight

Chanie

Post Fri, Dec 24 2010, 11:32 am
Have a 7:30 flight so we will have to leave our house before dawn. Any ideas of food I can take to eat for breakfast? Cant take liquids Sad Dont want to eat a sandwich, as that's already what I'm taking for lunch and dont want to eat too much bread.
Thanks

canadamom

Post Fri, Dec 24 2010, 11:39 am
israeli salad with a scoop of tuna
pancakes
waffles
yogurt with fruits

Chanie

Post Fri, Dec 24 2010, 11:44 am
flying over borders, so cannot bring fruits or vetetables, I think (I'll call the airline though to confirm)
I think yougart falls into the liquid/gel catagory.
Not sure I want to eat pancakes or waffles... just more starch Sad

canadamom

Post Fri, Dec 24 2010, 11:48 am
I thought fruits and veggis are just at the driving border. if thats the case, maybe make a lowfat muffin with applesauce in it. you pretty much only have starchy choices. good luck

Mommeeeeeeee!

Post Fri, Dec 24 2010, 11:59 am
any combination of:
veggie sticks
fish - tuna, lox, salmon, smoked fish...
hard boiled eggs/egg salad
soft cheese - cottage cheese, farmer cheese
cheese slices/sticks/cubes - cheddar, mozzarella, american, muenster....
chumus with crackers/pretzels/rice cake (or do you consider those bread?)
dry cereal or granola
fruit salad or just any fruit - grapes, apples, bananas...
dried fruit, nuts
celery sticks filled with peanut butter or raisins, or pb on apple slices
muffins (low carb or dietetic if you wish)
single-serve packets of instant hot cereal (oatmeal, farina, grits) - you can usually get hot water on the plane and in the airport. either get the kind that comes in a cup to eat out of, or take along disposable bowls and ask for a spoon on the plane or at one of the airport restaurants.
I also like to take along the packets of instant hot chocolate or cappucino - it's so good to have a yummy warm drink during a long flight

ETA I've done several international flights and never had a problem taking limited amounts of fruit/veggies in my hand luggage intended for consumption during the flight. You usually only get stopped if you have it in your luggage or a very large amount that you obviously intend to take to your destination. Although I know someone who was made to remove the tomato slice from her sandwich at the Israeli airport, so I guess it depends where you're flying to/from. Yogurt, however, is almost definitely not going to be ok.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Dec 24 2010, 3:44 pm
I don't always eat right when I travel. BH I don't go anyplace very much. I'd be safe and carb it up.

Isramom8

Post Sat, Dec 25 2010, 12:11 pm
It's carbs, but cereal bars. Don't do whjt I did once and take baby corn in a can. It got tossed in the garbage by security. I told him he could eat it, why should it go to waste, and my kids said that when he turned around he laughed at me. But he let me keep my sharp metal can opener. Confused

Raisin

Post Sat, Dec 25 2010, 1:03 pm
you can bring fruits and veggeis, just throw out any leftovers beofre you get off the plane.

how about some hard boiled eggs or similar?

geemum

Post Sat, Dec 25 2010, 4:13 pm
Dry cereal?

elmos

Post Sat, Dec 25 2010, 10:25 pm
vaccum packed slicd cheese keeps very well as others suggested hard boiled eggs, peanut butter try baking zuchini or bannana bread or muffins

cookielady

Post Sat, Dec 25 2010, 10:31 pm
Isramom8 wrote:
It's carbs, but cereal bars. Don't do whjt I did once and take baby corn in a can. It got tossed in the garbage by security. I told him he could eat it, why should it go to waste, and my kids said that when he turned around he laughed at me. But he let me keep my sharp metal can opener. Confused
that once happened to my dd. She steped out of line, opened the can and ate it in front of the tsa guy.

de_goldy

Post Sat, Dec 25 2010, 10:35 pm
Fruits, veg, cheese etc are ok to bring on the plane, just not into the next country. You can throw out any leftovers before you get off the plane, or in the airport when you arrive they should have big garbage cans with signs that you should throw out anything fresh.

Isher

Post Sat, Dec 25 2010, 10:45 pm
As some other mothers have mentioned fruits and veggies aren't a problem as long as you don't bring it into the country - leave it in the airport if you still have any left over.

Yogurt is a definite NO. I spilled more than half of the container and begged them to let me take it - they said I wasn't allowed because they can't measure to make sure that there's less than 3 ounces left. I couldn't eat it since I had just finished drinking an entire bottle of chocolate milk and strawberry yogurt smoothie shock LOL (This happened right after the liquid law came into effect - I had to dump a half gallon bottle of milk, 2 packages with 3 bottles of chocolate milk...)

Have a safe trip!!

Liba

Post Sat, Dec 25 2010, 10:55 pm
Are those hard blue ice packs allowed or considered liquid?

Sweet Valley Gal

Post Sat, Dec 25 2010, 11:13 pm
I would just go with a danish

bashabelle

Post Sun, Dec 26 2010, 2:17 am
Vacuum Packed Salami if you wanna be fleish... alternatively, marinated chunks of tofu, if you're into that stuff.

Mimisinger

Post Sun, Dec 26 2010, 2:21 am
hard boiled egg, cheese stick. fruit.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics