Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Allergies
Need help with 10 month olds allergies

elmos

Post Tue, Jan 11 2011, 2:14 pm
I don't know if its an allergy or intollerance but regardless my son can't have dairy soy oat *** in cheerios he can have baby oatmeal maybe once a week I want to discontinue dr doesn't want me to quite yet. I really need ideas for breakfast and lunches as he has no intrest in the jars anymore.

He is doing well now bh with nursing(I'm on a restricted diet) and ral food he eats chicken meatballs veggies couscous etc. the occasional supplemented bottle of elecare. I just need ideas of foods or advice not a put down that I am nursing and restrciting him or myself.
TIA

small bean

Post Tue, Jan 11 2011, 2:51 pm
I make pancakes and waffels, dairy, soy and egg free.

Kayza

Post Tue, Jan 11 2011, 10:50 pm
Sweet potatoes and avocados generally are not allergenic. Also, rice and almond milk are not bad milk substitutes. (But check for tree nut allergies before trying the almond milk.) Cream of Kasha might be good, and I sometimes get a cereal from the health food store made from brown rice - it's similar in texture to farina.

Can he have eggs?

elmos

Post Wed, Jan 12 2011, 12:10 am
he can b"h have eggs I make alot of sweet pot I give him avacado what type of ceral kayza are you talking about?? I do make pancakes would love an egg free recipe tho if you do not mind sharing

Kayza

Post Wed, Jan 12 2011, 9:42 am
I don't remember the name of the cereal (I'm out of it), but it's by Arrowhead Mills.

I don't really have egg free recipes - although we have allergies in the family, eggs are one thing that everyone tolerates.

allrgymama

Post Wed, Jan 19 2011, 7:47 am
elmos: there are a thousand different baking and cooking blogs that work around food intolerances and allergies.

I'd go to google and search for dairy/soy/oat free recipes.

Lexie's Kitchen (for one) does a list at the top of every recipe listing what isn't in it. http://www.lexieskitchen.com/

small bean

Post Wed, Jan 19 2011, 11:15 am
instead of eggs I use a tbs of flaxseed mixed with 3 tbs of water and let it sit for about 1/2 hour. I use this in waffles also.

I also make bananana muffins using quinoa flour and quinoa flakes for my sons for breakfast.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics