Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Baby's head tilted

amother

Post Sun, Dec 26 2010, 3:52 pm
S/o pointed out to me that my babys head is tilted to her left side. If I try to push it to an 'upright' position it just goes back to its tilt when I stop pushing. I will call the Dr. tomorrow. I was just wondering if anybody else had this and what they did about it.

amother

Post Sun, Dec 26 2010, 4:21 pm
My baby had something like that. I didn't do anything and after a few months it was fine.

smlev

Post Sun, Dec 26 2010, 4:23 pm
It could be torticollis Where there is a tight muscle in the neck causing it to tilt to one side. If caught early it is usually corrected with PT. But I would go to your pediatrician to see what they think. With torticollis if you move the babies head the opposite direction of the tilt it is very painful and it is a pretty clear diagnosis. Good luck!

flowerpower

Post Sun, Dec 26 2010, 4:25 pm
It might be torticollis.

amother

Post Sun, Dec 26 2010, 5:01 pm
It could be torticollis. Dr. christopher Tabick has helped two family members of mine with this issue.

718 745-8177

MaBelleVie

Post Sun, Dec 26 2010, 5:19 pm
Like others said, sounds like classic torticollis. It's great that you're calling the dr as soon as you noticed it, because it's much more easily corrected if you treat it early. The amother who ignored it either wasn't dealing with true torticollis, or an extremely mild case. Please don't take her advice!

Bliss

Post Sun, Dec 26 2010, 5:37 pm
It is most likely a tight muscle. My bay is showing those symptoms now too. You should ask your doctor but I just wanna add that by tilting it slightly to the other direction every so often it usually gets fixed and you could get away with PT as per our doctors advice.

SingALong

Post Sun, Dec 26 2010, 5:39 pm
someone I know her baby's head was always tilted to one side. it was due to low muscle tone of the muscles necessary to keep head upright. her kid got OT for a few months to help strengthen it.

best is to ask dr to diagnose it accurately so the correct inervention/therapy can be provided. it may be nothing but it doesn't never hurts to check

pecan

Post Sun, Dec 26 2010, 6:22 pm
I was born that way and my mother had to do exercises with my head.
To this day, I am not comfortable turning my head to one side.

amother

Post Sun, Dec 26 2010, 6:33 pm
op here. Thanks for the quick replies. My baby is 2 1/2 months, and it took s/o else to notice this. She holds her head up pretty well, so I don't think it's a weak muscle. The tight muscle sounds like a better description.

To the amother who gave a Drs. name, thank you, but I don't live in New York.

e1234

Post Mon, Dec 27 2010, 1:45 am
my baby did this and the nurse showed me an excersise to do.
I didn't really do it much but he stopped on his own

Marion

Post Mon, Dec 27 2010, 1:45 am
Yup. DS#3 had such a mild torticollis that the PT who did his assessment couldn't even find a tight muscle; he just had the head tilt. A few exercises, and making sure we were giving him a reason to look the other way have mostly resolved the issue.

Mrs.K

Post Mon, Dec 27 2010, 2:42 am
Several of my children had this. The nurse gave me exercises to do and it went away fairly quickly. I had to put on hand on each of my child's cheeks and turn their head to one side and then the other several times a day. (Of course, don't do that without consulting your doctor, I'm just saying it wasn't anything major.)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics