Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
What is wrong with my daughter???
Previous  1  2

Barbara

Post Thu, Dec 30 2010, 1:06 pm
Shap_E wrote:
I don't have any ideas but would like to wish her a refuah sheleima!

Me too!

If nothing comes up and she's not improving, can you try another pediatrician? Sometimes one will think of something completely out of the box, that another doctor didn't think of.

c.c.cookie

Post Thu, Dec 30 2010, 1:07 pm
Thank you all so much for your advice and encouragement! I think the worst thing in this situation is not knowing what to do next. Thanks to you all I know what to ask the doctor for if my dd is still sick by Sunday.

Bliss

Post Thu, Dec 30 2010, 1:14 pm
I would also suggest calling Echo or MRI for medical referrals. They have a lot of experience and might be able to point you in the right direction.

Last edited by Bliss on Thu, Dec 30 2010, 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

self-actualization

Post Thu, Dec 30 2010, 1:39 pm
My son had the synovitis that a previous poster mentioned - he could not walk for a week! The only treatment was Motrin and rest. My mother sent over an old record player with the Disney stories that you turn the page as the record plays, and he listened to those over and over again. On the Sunday of that week we went for pizza, and my husband had to carry my son in and out of the car. But B"H after a week it went away.

smlev

Post Thu, Dec 30 2010, 1:54 pm
Did they check for Lyme Disease? It could cause joint pain and fever like you described.

Yocheved_G

Post Thu, Dec 30 2010, 10:23 pm
Can you tell us her name so we can say tehillim for her?
I really hope you have success with all of the doctors & tests so they can figure it all out quickly.
Refuah Shelaimah!!

Basimcha

Post Thu, Dec 30 2010, 10:43 pm
I don't have any advice--but want to wish your dd a refuah shloma. I am looking forward to hearing good news from you!!

Happy18

Post Thu, Dec 30 2010, 10:58 pm
They thought my sister had juvenile arthritis but it was strep that hadnt been treated properly. She need a different/stronger antibiotic. Also I dont think you said this, but they should check your daughters white blood count. It can help narrow down the virus vs. infection dilemma.

leahsurie

Post Thu, Dec 30 2010, 11:35 pm
I had this with my son, it ended up being a bone infection diagnosed after three insane weeks via a bone scan. The motrin they gave us in the ER made him feel better so they sent us home. . .
he was treated with IV antibics. Hope she feels better.

c.c.cookie

Post Fri, Dec 31 2010, 2:49 am
My SIL spoke to her mother, who's an excellent pediatrician in the States (I'm in Israel), and told her all the details. The doctors did test for infection, but found no sign of infection in the blood count. My SIL's mother said that based on my daughter's history from the past few weeks (walking pneumonia, CMV) it sounds to her like it's very likely a virus. She has seen cases where kids were repeatedly sick, and got a virus with similar symptoms.
This morning she woke up with no fever, and hardly any pain. She's barely limping at all, and only complaining a little bit that it hurts her. So hopefully whatever it was is on its way out.
Thanks for your concern, advice etc.!

Bliss

Post Fri, Dec 31 2010, 7:58 am
I'm glad she seems to get better.

Simple1

Post Fri, Dec 31 2010, 8:51 am
Did they test for Lymes disease? My daughters (2 of them - 2 different times) had a swollen knee. We live in Lakwood, and Lymes disease is very common here so they tested for that, came out positive and they had to take amoxyl for a month. I don't know if this is a possibility in Israel.

Simple1

Post Fri, Dec 31 2010, 9:06 am
Even if it's getting a little better it could still be Lymes disease. With one of mine the test results took a long time to come. The swelling went down a little but the results were still positive.

robynm

Post Fri, Dec 31 2010, 11:12 am
such good news!!!

c.c.cookie

Post Sun, Jan 02 2011, 3:28 am
What exactly is Lyme disease? I doubt that's what it was here - her knee was not swollen at all. In fact, there were no external signs - no swelling, no heat etc.
Just an update - we ended up going away for Shabbos, and my dd was perfectly fine. She had no fever, and ran around all Shabbos without a problem. She still seemed a bit out of it, not 100% back to herself, but that can take time, especially since her body is very run down from repeated sicknesses.

amother

Post Sun, Jan 02 2011, 3:40 am
My daughter sometimes has pain like you describe and I would like to suggest that you give your daughter calcium every day. I noticed that when I skip giving her a dose or 2 the pain is more likely to surface.
Dd is also prone to strep and I find that it is somehow related. I think when the strep is lingering in her body she gets these terrible pains. I had it as a child sometimes too and know what it feels like so I cry for her.
I myself have rheumatoid athritis as an adult. We tested our dd more than once.

amother

Post Sun, Jan 02 2011, 9:39 am
c.c.cookie wrote:
What exactly is Lyme disease? I doubt that's what it was here - her knee was not swollen at all. In fact, there were no external signs - no swelling, no heat etc.
Just an update - we ended up going away for Shabbos, and my dd was perfectly fine. She had no fever, and ran around all Shabbos without a problem. She still seemed a bit out of it, not 100% back to herself, but that can take time, especially since her body is very run down from repeated sicknesses.

Lyme disease is very rare in Israel because it is caught from the bite of an infected deer tick (which are very rare in Israel) and is an inflammatory disease that can cause rash, fever, aches and pains, and if left untreated can cause chronic problems in the joints, heart and central nervous system. It is diagnosed with a blood test and treated with antibiotics.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics