Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Challah and Breads
Dry ww challah- uses?

be good

Post Sat, Jan 01 2011, 5:31 pm
I made a new recipe for whole wheat challah this week in my food processor, and it came out SUPER DRY!!
I will not be sing that recipe again, but what do I do with the leftovers? I have one medium sized chalah and one roll, and a couple of scraps. I dont want to just throw them out... I am looking for recipes that call for a lot of challah, or a way to moisten it up. (and a small whole wheat food processor challah recipe would be nice too...)

thanks!

valley girl

Post Sat, Jan 01 2011, 5:41 pm
be good wrote:
I made a new recipe for whole wheat challah this week in my food processor, and it came out SUPER DRY!!
I will not be sing that recipe again, but what do I do with the leftovers? I have one medium sized chalah and one roll, and a couple of scraps. I dont want to just throw them out... I am looking for recipes that call for a lot of challah, or a way to moisten it up. (and a small whole wheat food processor challah recipe would be nice too...)

thanks!

croutons
bread crumbs
french toast
challah kugel

chatz

Post Sat, Jan 01 2011, 5:42 pm
-make breadcrumbs - slice the challah, let dry, toast in the oven, grind. It keeps for a long time. Great for recipes, shnitzel, etc.

-There are challah kugel recipes (never tried any) that calls for soaked and squeezed challah. There is a tuna kugel recipe in the Balabuste Choice's (?) cookbook that's pretty good.

my lazy option - wait til it's totally not usable and have fun feeding the birds with any kids you have or can grab. But the breadcrumbs would prob be the best bet.

causemommysaid

Post Sat, Jan 01 2011, 5:49 pm
french toast!!!!

soak it in a mixture of milk, egg, sugar, and cinnamon and then fry.

really yummy

be good

Post Sat, Jan 01 2011, 7:17 pm
thanks! I have plenty, so I may try them all!
(besides the bird feeding one... I am not such a good sharer Wink )

Ronit

Post Sat, Jan 01 2011, 7:41 pm
I have a great ww challah recipe, but you need to do it either by hand or with a bosch.

http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....16136

I do it now with the shibolim 100% stone ground whole wheat flour.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Challah and Breads