Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Chia Seed
1  2  3  Next

shmoozer

Post Sun, Jan 02 2011, 10:39 am
someone just mentioned this to me, so I thought I would share it with all of you. google it online to check it out.
Personal stories she told me were:
staining stopped from taking this seed
weight lost
acne gone
circulation problems stopped
lowers cholesterol
and much much more.
it sounds too good to be true, but my SIL wouldn't lie. she told me names of people I know. Her father started importing it and selling it, but it's been available on the market for years.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Jan 02 2011, 2:47 pm
I heard of something like that.

In the kitchen

Post Sun, Jan 02 2011, 2:56 pm
It lowered my mil and fil's blood pressure and helps regulate my blood sugar...improves some family members moods due to B vitamins...excellent source of Omega 3

our family all has rave reviews of it. and you don't need to buy the expensive ones in bottles, find a place where they sell spices in bulk...it will be much cheaper and same quality...bugs don't like this plant to they don't have to use any pesticides so it's so far always organic...comes from central/south america

Laughing Bag!

Post Sun, Jan 02 2011, 4:05 pm
this is a super food it helps for many things and yes it regulates blood pressure cholesterol blood sugar...
it hasa ton of vitamins and nutrition its very rich in omega 3 and 6. it helps for many things that ive witnessed personally including weight loss and staining issues and best of all it stopped my dd motion sickness!

elf123

Post Mon, Mar 12 2012, 11:47 pm
I see this is an old thread but I read about Chia Seed recently and bought some at the kosher health food store. Any interesting ideas of what to do with it (besides for the obvious, sprinkle on soups, salads, yogurts etc.?)

In the kitchen

Post Tue, Mar 13 2012, 12:03 am
I just take it with a spoon and crunch it a bit then swallow with water

ds likes it in his scrambled eggs

a nephew likes chia in cranberry juice, it becomes a jello

sprinkle on challahs

Can be used pretty much everywhere.

bamamama

Post Tue, Mar 13 2012, 12:12 am
We make a drink called a chia fresca - sprinkle seeds in water, add lemon juice, stir, wait a few min (longer if you really want them to gel up) and enjoy.

Laughing Bag!

Post Tue, Mar 13 2012, 1:36 am
I put it in my coffee or vanilla milk basically I prepare coffee/sugar and chia then add the hot water and milk I like when its jelled then drink it witha straw, my kids like it with apple juice they drink it with a straw too.
I sometimes mix it in my egg salad/cottage cheese/tuna ( I add it right b4 I eat or it could thicken up and cluster , it depends on individuals taste buds you might not like it)

add it in cookies brownie cookies for a picky eater they wont know the difference; my mother put it into choc chip cookies but she then made them into brownie choc.chip for the picky eaters lol Smile and they didn't know any better lol

you can eat it any which way the best thing about it is that you get the nutrition of it even when it whole unlike other seeds (ex:flax) that absorb better when its ground

Tiale

Post Tue, Mar 13 2012, 2:17 am
How much should I be eating in a day?

nicole81

Post Tue, Mar 13 2012, 9:32 am
I eat it for breakfast in a pudding-like form. I soak the seeds in milk and make gel out of them, and add fruit like sliced banana or blueberries.

e1234

Post Tue, Mar 13 2012, 9:41 am
do you lose the nutrition value if you bake it (like in brownies)

does it have a strong taste?

Laughing Bag!

Post Tue, Mar 13 2012, 10:33 am
How much should I be eating in a day?

Adults need 2T a day kids need less
note some ppl have a hard time adjusting to the full amount at one time and may be better off starting with a smaller amount and building up to the full 2T a day.

do you lose the nutrition value if you bake it (like in brownies)

it doesnt.

does it have a strong taste?
it doesnt taste at all however it does have texture in baked goods you dont feel the texture at all but in yogurt,milk,juice,eggs, cheese... you do feel it it jells up when in contact with liquid or any moisture . some like it that way and some dont.

* interesting to note that it can be stored in all temperatures it just need to be in a closed dry container!

Last edited by Laughing Bag! on Tue, Mar 13 2012, 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mommy F.

Post Tue, Mar 13 2012, 10:50 am
I sprinkle it in my oatmeal for breakfast
with coconut and flax seeds and raisins

wereafamily

Post Tue, Mar 13 2012, 10:25 pm
A lesson in life: when it helps for too many things, it doesn't work.

I love the ads you see in the Jewish publications, with a list of every problem and how the solution to them all is: chiropractic, omega-3, Noni juice, goji berries. apple cider vinegar etc.

Happy 2B

Post Tue, Mar 13 2012, 10:55 pm
where can you buy it in Boro park?

Laughing Bag!

Post Wed, Mar 14 2012, 1:59 am
where can you buy it in Boro park?

lots of groceries carry them in Boro Park, Williamsburg, Monsey, Monroe I think also, Montreal...

Happy 2B

Post Wed, Mar 14 2012, 10:30 am
I wanted to know specifically where they carry it so I know which store to go to. If anyone knows a grocery that carry's it? I never saw it any of the groceries I go to.

nicole81

Post Wed, Mar 14 2012, 10:39 am
I don't know about boro park specifically, but a good place to buy bulk foods not to far from there without heading to fairway, whole foods, etc, is the flatbush food coop on cortelyou. it's 5 minutes or so from BP.

Happy 2B

Post Wed, Mar 14 2012, 10:45 am
Thanx Nicole, where on Cortelyou is that? I was thinking of buying organic to avoid all the pesticides.

In the kitchen

Post Wed, Mar 14 2012, 10:49 am
AFAIK all chia seeds at this point are organic because bugs don't go for it.

I read online that if a company claims to be organic chia they are just overcharging you since all chia is currently organic.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics