Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Allergies
Eczema food link

imayekara

Post Mon, Jan 03 2011, 2:08 am
I see this has been debated before here,but I was just wanting to hear from moms who did find a food link that once eliminated helped improve the eczema. My son is allergic to egg and so I eliminated it in my diet too, and his eczema was much better, I recently started eating it again and its come back. Problem is I have no way of knowing if the flare up is from the egg or just happened. He has also had more hives episodes this week, his hives are unexplained. oh I forgot to mention I nurse him of course, that why I didnt eat it.
Anyway Im gonna go back off it and see what happens I guess.
Anyone had similar experience??

c.c.cookie

Post Mon, Jan 03 2011, 2:13 am
Look, eczema and allergies are certainly very closely related. If you eliminate all foods your baby is allergic to will he for sure be clear? No. But I can tell you from experience it might make a HUGE difference. Eggs are usually a big culprit for eczema. What you're describing sounds very suspicious - it definitely sounds like your baby is allergic to eggs. Why don't you have him tested? There might be other things you're not even aware of that he's allergic to.

keepsmiling

Post Mon, Jan 03 2011, 2:23 am
Before we even discovered my daughter had allergies she was getting a bit of eczema behind her ears (nothing major). Later when we got results from the tests that she has some allergies, the pediatrician (who happened to be amazing), told me that egg allergies usually break out first and most definitely in eczema.just a piece of advice, don't play around with it, check it out,even though might not be severe allergy,it can spare u and child a lot of stress.

momstaxi

Post Mon, Jan 03 2011, 2:27 am
I have two kids with allergy issues. As a baby, one had HORRIBLE eczema and had bloody cheeks for 7 months, until I knew about the allergies. It took me about a month of me avoiding those foods before it cleared up. Now, five years later, it's never come back. My other dd, has a whole list of allergies (but not as severe and doesn't avoid foods) has eczema all over her and can't get rid of it. Now she's eight, and still scratches throughout the day and night.
Not such helpful info, but shows that not all cases are similiar.
Good Luck!

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Jan 03 2011, 9:03 am
If you KNOW he's allergic to egg, and you KNOW his eczema cleared up when you cut out egg, and you KNOW his eczema returned when you ate egg- what's your question? Yes, there's a small chance that all this is coincidental, but in all likelihood, the eczema returning has everything to do with the eggs.

The hives may be related to eggs to. My son gets hives from exposure to allergens on his skin. If someone touches something with egg, and then touches my son's face, he will break out in hives. So if I'm preparing something with mayo, let's say, for my dh, I scrub myself really well before I touch my ds. And my dh would wash his mouth really well before kissing him. Otherwise. . . hives.

bnm

Post Mon, Jan 03 2011, 9:24 am
I get exema from certain detergents and after certain antibiotics...

allrgymama

Post Wed, Jan 19 2011, 7:55 am
My baby has diagnosed milk, egg and nut allergies. We've eliminated all of these things from her diet.

I have found that the singularly most helpful product is Aveeno Baby's Eczema Therapy Moisturizing Cream.

Here: http://www.diapers.com/product.....49558 (though they do make a bigger size that I've found at Target).

I've also found that the most helpful thing for the cradle's cap/eczema that my daughter had on her head was Aveeno's shampoo.

It's here: http://www.aveeno.com/baby-car.....ampoo

And, to echo what other moms have said: spare yourself agony and untold damage to your child and get tested. Your baby is not old enough to tell you precisely how much pain he is when when he's having an allergic reaction. Now, at 21 months, my daughter is old enough to say 'boo-boo' but she still can't tell me where or what kind. When I think of the agony I put my daughter through for the first year of her life because I didn't think it could be allergies, I want to cry. If you were smart enough to realize that's what it is, be smart enough to go and get it confirmed!

amother

Post Wed, Jan 19 2011, 3:56 pm
Here: http://www.diapers.com/product.....49558 (though they do make a bigger size that I've found at Target).

Are you sure it was Aveeno BABY? The baby comes only in 5 oz. tube.

allrgymama

Post Wed, Jan 19 2011, 8:35 pm
I can't find it on Target's site, but I'm 99.999999% sure that it's Aveeno baby.

It really doesn't matter, though, does it? I'm using the smaller size for my daughter now (we ran out and this was the size my husband found) and it's doing just as good a job (meaning, if the bigger size isn't baby, it doesn't matter)

Personally, I love all the Aveeno products. They smell nice, they don't leave you feeling greasy or your hair feeling heavy and they work. My daughter's hair looks better in the last month since we're using their shampoo than it did for the first 19 months of her life.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics