Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Allergies
Where to buy Neocate Splash in Israel

anonymrs

Post Fri, May 04 2012, 7:54 am
My allergic and underweight dd started drinking Neocate's Splash drinks. Does anyone know if there is any way that I can get them in Israel?

A very big chessed if you can help me. Thank you!

Liba

Post Fri, May 04 2012, 8:40 am
If I can find someone with extra in the US you can fit a bunch in a flat rate USPS box and have them shipped here. The boxes are ~$60 each - which is what our copay per case on my son's formula is now that it is on the sal bruit (it was 786nis a case before and we need five cases a month, now it is a bit over 220nis a case, a huge improvement).

I am not sure if Splash can be purchased here and if it would cost more or less than shipping though. Have you spoken with your doctors and pharmacist to see if it is available through the kupah?

Do you have a paypal account or way to pay shipping from the US? If you do and want me to try to track some down for you let me know. Smile

anonymrs

Post Sun, May 06 2012, 3:46 am
Thank you so much, Liba! I really appreciate it. I emailed Neocate and you are right, Splash is only sold in the US. I also found out that they make a tropical flavored formula for toddlers so I'm going to ask my pedi if that's available here. Otherwise, do you think I can just use unflavored and mix it with grape juice?

I do have a paypal account and I can pay through that. Do you know people who have "extra" splash in the US? I can't even figure out how to order from they're website. I just keep getting redirected to their homepage.

Thanks again!

Liba

Post Sun, May 06 2012, 4:15 am
It looks like one of the harder to find formulas. I am not seeing it on http://www.oley.org/EquipExcha......html or any of my other regular exchange places. I am only seeing people looking for it. I will keep my eyes open though!

anonymrs

Post Sun, May 06 2012, 5:18 am
Thanks, Liba! I really appreciate your efforts.

Btw, that is a great resource. I never knew such a thing existed.

anonymrs

Post Mon, May 07 2012, 8:10 am
I got Neocate Advance unflavored. I made it the regular way and then added a bit of grape juice to it. DD drank it beautifully b"H!!

The Neocate is very expensive! I paid 120 shekel for the amount that will last me 5 days. I tried to give my dd Neocate when she was much younger and I was in America. There I bought it full price from a pharmacy and it was about $30. Here the full price is 614 shekel.....

Liba

Post Mon, May 07 2012, 11:40 am
There used to be a program through Neocate where there was a cap on how much you paid a month. I thought it was a couple hundred shekel, though I don't know for certain. Do you have a nutritionist who knows about such things and might be able to help you with it if it still exists? It was through the importer or manufacturer, not the kupah if I understood correctly.

My son didn't tolerate Neocate so we were never able to take advantage of the program so I don't have personal experience with it.

Liba

Post Mon, May 07 2012, 11:44 am
http://www.amazon.com/Neocate-.....r=8-1 the infant Neocate is still under $40 a can in the US. They don't seem to sell the advance in the US, but there is lots of Neocate Jr available on Oley for free. Smile

bigprincess

Post Mon, May 07 2012, 1:19 pm
Liba wrote:
http://www.amazon.com/Neocate-Infant-Formula-Powder-Develop/dp/B000NQ4JQC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1336405308&sr=8-1 the infant Neocate is still under $40 a can in the US. They don't seem to sell the advance in the US, but there is lots of Neocate Jr available on Oley for free. Smile

Thanks for the link. My doctor prescribed my son necoate jr but he wont drink it and a friend recommended the splash but I couldn't find it in the pharmacy.

anonymrs

Post Mon, May 07 2012, 1:41 pm
bigprincess wrote:
Liba wrote:
http://www.amazon.com/Neocate-Infant-Formula-Powder-Develop/dp/B000NQ4JQC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1336405308&sr=8-1 the infant Neocate is still under $40 a can in the US. They don't seem to sell the advance in the US, but there is lots of Neocate Jr available on Oley for free. Smile

Thanks for the link. My doctor prescribed my son necoate jr but he wont drink it and a friend recommended the splash but I couldn't find it in the pharmacy.

Call 1 800 neocate and ask themto send you a free sample of splash. My super-picky dd drank them:).

anonymrs

Post Mon, May 07 2012, 1:44 pm
Liba wrote:

How does Oley work? People are giving away their stuff for free? How do I contact them? Thanks!

Liba

Post Mon, May 07 2012, 1:47 pm
anonymrs wrote:
Liba wrote:

How does Oley work? People are giving away their stuff for free? How do I contact them? Thanks!

You send an email to the address on the top of the page. They reply and say whether the item (formula) is still available as far as they know or not. If it is they send you an email address and/or a phone number. You then arrange with the person how you are going to pay for the shipping. Many people need checks sent, some take paypal. If it is local you can arrange to meet in a neutral location like a parking lot or at the hospital, etc. If shipping is needed that is on you, the taker. The formula itself is surplus that they don't need and free.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics