Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
ISO Navy Blue Uniform Skirts

tovasmom

Post Wed, Jan 12 2011, 6:02 pm
My dd is just starting to wear uniforms. I need to get her several navy blue pleated skirts, preferably in Midwood or Boro Park. The school is not insisting on a particular supplier. Where can I get decent quality skirts which are reasonably inexpensive and are not disgusting and are long enough. My dd is very petite and slim and wears a size 5. Is it suggested to go someplace like Engelic or Freilich in Boro Park, or does anyone have any other great ideas. Any good online sources? I would rather not spend the $30 or so dollars a skirt I would need to spend if I ordered them, say, from Land's End. TIA.

bobeli

Post Wed, Jan 12 2011, 7:53 pm
lands end has some on sale and today they have 25% of and the childrens place has some.
I think old navy too

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jan 12 2011, 9:21 pm
Sometimes the cheap clothing store on 44th Street & 13th Avenue has the good uniform skirts available for good prices.
If not, I would suggest Fraylich. (Prob not that much cheaper than the $30 you mentioned.)
Good luck.

sneakermom

Post Wed, Jan 12 2011, 9:30 pm
I second the recommendation for Rosenberg's on 13 Ave and low forty's. I find their blue skirts, which cost twelve dollars by the way wash beautifully, and when you hang them to dry you can get away with not ironing them for a nice while.

mummy-bh

Post Wed, Jan 12 2011, 9:34 pm
absolutely Rosenbergs. When we lived in England and my girls had to wear pleated uniform skirts, I would ask people to bring them over for me!

mommy24

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 5:44 am
sneakermom wrote:
I second the recommendation for Rosenberg's on 13 Ave and low forty's. I find their blue skirts, which cost twelve dollars by the way wash beautifully, and when you hang them to dry you can get away with not ironing them for a nice while.

I absolutley agree. I have never needed to iron them, I wash them on delicate cycle with wolite and then hang to dry- they are cheap and great, and I have tried many over the years.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries