Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
How much tylenol to give 2 mo old?

happy chick

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 8:23 pm
dd is 9 weeks old, she weighs approx 10-11 lbs. she cries every time she eats and started drooling a little. I think she may have a sore throat. how much tylenol can I give her?

manhattanmom

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 8:26 pm
you should probably ask your pediatrician.

This link is what is generally suggested:

http://www.premierpediatricsny......html

amother

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 8:31 pm
happy chick wrote:
dd is 9 weeks old, she weighs approx 10-11 lbs. she cries every time she eats and started drooling a little. I think she may have a sore throat. how much tylenol can I give her?

Hi, I am a nurse and I work with a pediatrician, do not assume anything on such a young baby, go to your doctor!!!

observer

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 8:32 pm
At that age, I think you should call your dr before giving tylenol for something vague like that. It's not nothing and you shouldn't be giving it whenever baby is fussy.

As for the dosage, the dr. should give you the dosage at this age.

happy chick

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 8:36 pm
thanks for your response. but being that its 8:30 pm, my drs not in anymore. what should I do till the morning?

Laughing Bag!

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 8:52 pm
you need to make sure baby stays hydrated so make sure she eats at least something, or check diapers as long as she wets them normally then shes fine but still try getting her to consume something, its not inportant that she eat a full feeding as she might just throw it all up. observe her if she seems to get worse or something go into the emergency. as for tylenol when I needed to give my bb tylenol at that age I called up the pharmacy they told me to give 1/2 dropper 1/2 dose thats 40mg infant tylenol.
good luck and refua shaleima!

Motheroftwins

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 9:15 pm
My daughter is 3 months old and weighs btwn 10 and 11 lbs. I know my dr says that tylenol when they are so small goes by weight, not age, but you prab should check with your dr. my baby was sick with fever last week and my dr said to give .6 ml - which is btwn the 2 lines on the dropper (.4 and .8), but you are really best off to check w ur dr first......if ur baby doesnt have fever, I dont think ur dr would say to give tylenol

Shif

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 9:50 pm
Your Dr. should have an emergency line, that's what it's there for. I would call his office to get the emergency # or to reach the answering service. I wouldn't give tylenol to such a young baby unless directed to do so my my pediatrician.

Merrymom

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 10:35 pm
Babies drool all the time (maybe yours has just begun) and they cry when they're tired even if they really are hungry too. Just put her to sleep.

obagys

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 10:47 pm
Like the others said, I would call your doctor (or the answering service) to see what he/she says.

That said, my doctor gave me a printout so I would know what to give my baby when she's sick. For Tylenol, 6-11lbs / 0-3 months, it says to give 0.4 mL of the concentrated Tylenol Infants' Drops.

Again, it's always best to check with your doctor and without fever, I would hesitate to give the Tylenol. I know it's tough when you have a small baby who seems uncomfortable Sad

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 10:51 pm
For a baby that young I would only give tylenol if she had fever or was getting vaccinated. I wouldnt give it for drooling. Check if she has thrush. Or go to the ped in the morning to check he throat. give her warm chamomile tea to sooth the throat. dont give tylenol unless she's really crying and cant be calmed. it's not candy...

Jacoby

Post Fri, Jan 14 2011, 12:53 am
It sounds to me like she actually might have reflux. As I've discovered it can come up when the baby is around 2 months old as well. Is she only uncomfortable during feedings or the rest of the time as well? If its just feeding, it really may be reflux and tylenol is not the answer... Good luck and if she is wetting diapers then you are definitely okay until morning.

Tamiri

Post Fri, Jan 14 2011, 1:13 am
Please, young mothers: don't medicate your children unless absolutely necessary. A tiny fever is not an emergency. The body needs to learn to combat viruses, bacteria etc and the best way to do that is to kill them with heat = fever. If you lower the fever constantly, you weaken the body's natural ability to heal. Consider meds such as tylenol a necessary evil to be given only in the most dire of circumstances, and then only at the recommendation of a doctor you trust. It should also not be used as a prophylactic. Let the baby's body work!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics