Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Magic mill vs. Bosch

Hi

Post Tue, Jan 11 2011, 8:37 am
I'm getting one and want to hear what people think is better? My main thing to use it for is to make Challah

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jan 11 2011, 8:56 am
See this thread for some reviews
http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....bosch

Chayalle

Post Tue, Jan 11 2011, 10:06 am
My friend taught me how to bake Challah during my Shana Rishona. She hauled her mother's bosch over to my house, and showed me how she always puts the dry ingredients in first because putting in the liquids first could sometimes cause some of it to leak out of cracks in the center hole.

That settled it for me, I chose the magic mill. Love it, make great Challah (if I do say so myself!), haven't bought in over a decade.

It is heavy though, and I have a small kitchen-aid hand mixer that I use for cakes and cookies when I don't feel like shlepping out the big machine.

Didi

Post Tue, Jan 11 2011, 10:31 am
I love my bosch it lasted me 14yrs, About a year ago I bought my second one. No complaints or regrets, I always bake my Challah dough inside. (6lbs flour).

anonymrs

Post Tue, Jan 11 2011, 11:09 am
Chayalle wrote:
My friend taught me how to bake Challah during my Shana Rishona. She hauled her mother's bosch over to my house, and showed me how she always puts the dry ingredients in first because putting in the liquids first could sometimes cause some of it to leak out of cracks in the center hole.

That settled it for me, I chose the magic mill. Love it, make great Challah (if I do say so myself!), haven't bought in over a decade.

It is heavy though, and I have a small kitchen-aid hand mixer that I use for cakes and cookies when I don't feel like shlepping out the big machine.

I have a bosch and never had this issue. I love my Bosch and would definitely buy it again!

Raisin

Post Tue, Jan 11 2011, 11:19 am
I've had a magic mill for several years and have no complaints. The only other machine I have used is a kenwood and it is for sure bigger and better then that.

It is pretty heavy - it gets taken out thursday night, make challa and cake, and back it goes.

Chayalle

Post Tue, Jan 11 2011, 11:31 am
Didi wrote:
I love my bosch it lasted me 14yrs, About a year ago I bought my second one. No complaints or regrets, I always bake my Challah dough inside. (6lbs flour).

That's not very long.

My mother still has her kitchen-aid....just to give a perspective.

I have my magic mill for 12 years and have had no trouble at all with it. It's gotten lots of use B"H.

life'sgreat

Post Tue, Jan 11 2011, 12:41 pm
Chyaelle, that is not the norm. A broken Bosch is a broken Bosch.

Raisin

Post Tue, Jan 11 2011, 12:48 pm
I've heard many times kitchenaids made years ago last forever, more recent ones are not the same at all.

Hi

Post Wed, Jan 12 2011, 9:29 am
Thank You all I am still totally confused on what to get

Raisin

Post Wed, Jan 12 2011, 11:01 am
most people only buy one machine, so can only tell you that experience. And as I said, a machine made 20 years ago may be better quality then a machine made today.

But I have heard good things about both magic mill and bosch. Magic miil looks stronger, but maybe because it is made of metal?

If looks are important, kitchenaids look cool.

Liba

Post Wed, Jan 12 2011, 11:29 am
I have a Bosch and am pretty happy with it. My KitchenAid on the other hand was in for service twice already and I have only had it for 5 years. It still shocks me when I touch it if it is plugged in.

Things made now are not what they used to be.

yentadevosha

Post Wed, Jan 12 2011, 12:07 pm
I have my Magic Mill for 13 yrs. It's ok for challos,but I'm not very happy with it for cakes. The bosch has an advantage that the bowl has a lid, so the flour doesn't go flying.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars