Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cookbooks
Which is your dirtiest page? :)
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Depressed

Post Wed, Jan 19 2011, 12:19 pm
Ladies, this 2011... I have them all on my laptop. Do a search the recipe comes up. Put the laptop on the diningroom table so it doesnt get stained or wet.

zigi

Post Wed, Jan 19 2011, 12:26 pm
yo'ma wrote:
Mine is where the chocolate cakes are in the spice and spirit. LOL

my is in the same place also by the basic white cake, and the blinztes

sky

Post Wed, Jan 19 2011, 12:29 pm
Depressed wrote:
Ladies, this 2011... I have them all on my laptop. Do a search the recipe comes up. Put the laptop on the diningroom table so it doesnt get stained or wet.

to me there is nothing like flipping through a cookbook. A computer just doesn't do it for me.
Its like reading the NY Times on a Kindle.

Chana Miriam S

Post Wed, Jan 19 2011, 12:38 pm
my young thailand cookbook and it is on the page for pad thai.

Sonia

Post Wed, Jan 19 2011, 4:14 pm
groisamomma wrote:
The page with the throw-together-in-one-bowl-and-mix brownies.

Something similar Heimishe Kitchen Chocolate Brownies , have it for so many years the page wore down and I had to track down the recipe from friends!

cookielady

Post Wed, Jan 19 2011, 4:22 pm
chanamiriam wrote:
my young thailand cookbook and it is on the page for pad thai.
Could you post your pad Thai recipe please.

rosehill

Post Wed, Jan 19 2011, 5:17 pm
yo'ma wrote:
Mine is where the chocolate cakes are in the spice and spirit. LOL

Same here!!

Though I have to say, until I realised this thread was in the "Cookbook" section, I thought it was going to be [filth] related!!

Feh!! Too much imamother for me LOL LOL LOL

msym

Post Wed, Jan 19 2011, 8:29 pm
Pandabeer wrote:
yeled shashi'im kokosh cake from bobov cook book

im so curious, how does this cake come out, whats it like?- it always catches my eye when im flipping through the cookbook?

whoami

Post Wed, Jan 19 2011, 8:34 pm
msym wrote:
Pandabeer wrote:

im so curious, how does this cake come out, whats it like?- it always catches my eye when im flipping through the cookbook?

It is absolutely YUMMY! I don't find kokosh cakes easy to make, but this one is worth the mess!

Blue jay

Post Wed, Jan 19 2011, 8:36 pm
spice and spirit, challah section,

Flour and smudges all over the place!!!

Reality

Post Wed, Jan 19 2011, 8:48 pm
Spice & Spirit: chocolate chip cookies. I also wrote in all my family recipes into this cookbook so those pages are the dirtiest. On second thought, spice & spirit has ALOT of dirty pages!! It's the best cookbook!!

Bobov: Cinnamon Cake out of this world. Only recipe that I like in the entire book but was a worth-while gift just for this recipe.

Pupa: Salad section. But you have to cut down on the sugar & oil but otherwise lots of good recipes!!

Blue jay

Post Wed, Jan 19 2011, 8:57 pm
Reality, I think I need a new copy of Soice and Spirt because some of my pages are actually stuck together!!!

I also like there crumb cake recipe, and easy pizza is incredible!! Everyone loves the easy Pizza! made with apple juice too LOL

mummiedearest

Post Wed, Jan 19 2011, 8:57 pm
the page with the dirt recipe.

ttbtbm

Post Wed, Jan 19 2011, 10:03 pm
Potato kugel from Kosher By Design
Spice and Spirit probably is overall my dirtiest cookbook. The binding is totally off.

Pandabeer

Post Thu, Jan 20 2011, 1:03 am
ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS AND the dough is very easy to roll.
I make it at least every in two months, and even the dough tastes good

ttbtbm

Post Thu, Jan 20 2011, 10:15 am
Pandabeer wrote:
ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS AND the dough is very easy to roll.
I make it at least every in two months, and even the dough tastes good

Sounds good! Which dough?

yo'ma

Post Thu, Jan 20 2011, 10:32 am
ttbtbm wrote:
Spice and Spirit probably is overall my dirtiest cookbook. The binding is totally off.

I used to call it the purple cookbook, but since the cover is gone for some time now, I can't. LOL Don't get me started on the index. I think I have until D.

ttbtbm

Post Thu, Jan 20 2011, 10:47 am
yo'ma wrote:
ttbtbm wrote:

I used to call it the purple cookbook, but since the cover is gone for some time now, I can't. LOL Don't get me started on the index. I think I have until D.

Ha ha! I also call it the purple cookbook! I actually had an extra brand new one sitting in my closet for many years (double engagement gift). I ended up givingi t to one of my sisters when she commented that she didn't know what the purple cookbook was. But as mine is s-l-o-w-l-y fading away I sometimes regret that I didn't pass along the used one! But whenever I have that thought I feel guilty for thinking that way!

poelmamosh

Post Thu, Jan 20 2011, 10:51 am
ttbtbm wrote:
yo'ma wrote:
ttbtbm wrote:

Ha ha! I also call it the purple cookbook! I actually had an extra brand new one sitting in my closet for many years (double engagement gift). I ended up givingi t to one of my sisters when she commented that she didn't know what the purple cookbook was. But as mine is s-l-o-w-l-y fading away I sometimes regret that I didn't pass along the used one! But whenever I have that thought I feel guilty for thinking that way!

And it's out of print, ladies Sad

My dirtiest page is the one-bowl chocolate cake in Classic Kosher Cooking (Sara Finkel). My purple cookbook was always too large to have on the counter with the mixer in my previous apartments. So it was somewhat protected.

suomynona

Post Thu, Jan 20 2011, 11:59 am
whoami wrote:
msym wrote:
Pandabeer wrote:

It is absolutely YUMMY! I don't find kokosh cakes easy to make, but this one is worth the mess!

I was just looking at this recipe... does it really make 8 babkas?
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics