Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Need good restaurant in Queens...

punktfarkert

Post Tue, Jan 18 2011, 4:55 pm
Any recommendations? Thanks.

ttbtbm

Post Tue, Jan 18 2011, 4:58 pm
Hapisga - steakhouse
Chosen Garden - Chinese

Fox

Post Tue, Jan 18 2011, 5:07 pm
I haven't spent time in Queens for years, but I used to love Cho-Sen Garden. One of my Chinese acquaintances says it's very highly regarded in the Chinese community, too, which always seemed like a good recommendation!

LiLIsraeli

Post Tue, Jan 18 2011, 5:22 pm
I've eaten at Hapisga a couple of times. Really nice places, good food, and good prices.

morah

Post Tue, Jan 18 2011, 7:27 pm
Hapisgah, Sushi Metsuyan

Fabulous

Post Tue, Jan 18 2011, 7:30 pm
I've never been there but I have several friends who recommend Hapisga (or Hapiska, not sure how it's spelled).

ElJayMom

Post Tue, Jan 18 2011, 8:09 pm
I've been to both, Hapisgah and Cho-sen Garden.
Hapisgah had delicious, fresh food. The service was ok. Cho-sen was___, I don't have any word for it. The soup tasted and looked like instant soup or soup in a cup. The main dish wasn't too appetizing either. I was pregnant then, so I was nauseas the entire night from the soup!

Fabulous

Post Tue, Jan 18 2011, 9:16 pm
ElJayMom wrote:
I've been to both, Hapisgah and Cho-sen Garden.
Hapisgah had delicious, fresh food. The service was ok. Cho-sen was___, I don't have any word for it. The soup tasted and looked like instant soup or soup in a cup. The main dish wasn't too appetizing either. I was pregnant then, so I was nauseas the entire night from the soup!

I've never been there but from what experience I have with chinese restaurants, soup is not their forte. Most have variations of soup mix with different items inside I.e. rice, noodles, wontons etc... My favorite chinese and even some japanese restaurants have terrible soup. Also, could it be that your pregnancy affected your taste of the food I.e. you being grossed out from the soup did not allow you to properly enjoy the main dish?

mominisrael2

Post Wed, Jan 19 2011, 12:44 am
Another vote for Hapisga! What kind of food are you looking for?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries