Home

Is it ok to flush baby wipes down the toilet?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training

Report offensive ad

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

greeneyes

Post Posted: Wed, Jan 19 2011, 6:06 pm       Post subject: Is it ok to flush baby wipes down the toilet?
I never thought twice about flushing wipes down the toilet, but recently someone told me that it will eventually cause problems with the plumbing. Is this true? I know they make "flushable" wipes, but I'm wondering how bad it is to use regular wipes. I haven't had any problems until now with the toilet getting clogged up. Do you flush wipes down the toilet? (Sorry, I know this is a funny subject matter to be discussing... Embarassed )

yaakovsmom

Post Posted: Wed, Jan 19 2011, 6:11 pm       Post subject: re: Is it ok to flush baby wipes down the toilet?
Don't flush them! You will clog the pipes!!

yummymummy

Post Posted: Wed, Jan 19 2011, 6:15 pm       Post subject: re: Is it ok to flush baby wipes down the toilet?
NO! (unless you want to give the local plumber some parnassa) They will clog up your sewer pipes and my sister used those "flushable" wipes and had a backup and the plumber told her they were to blame.

reachout

Post Posted: Wed, Jan 19 2011, 6:22 pm       Post subject: re: Is it ok to flush baby wipes down the toilet?
The local plumber won't even come. You will need the sewer guys to unclog the sewers...

Bliss

Post Posted: Wed, Jan 19 2011, 6:31 pm       Post subject: re: Is it ok to flush baby wipes down the toilet?
Don't do it, even the flushables make problems. Somebody once had to do a major clean-up job that cost them thousands of dollars!

Isramom8

Post Posted: Wed, Jan 19 2011, 6:42 pm       Post subject: re: Is it ok to flush baby wipes down the toilet?
It's happened to us so often that we are on a first name basis with the plumber. Whenever the kids see Alan arriving, they start saying. "I didn't flush any wipes!" Then he extracts globs of soaking wet stretched out wipes from the pipes. Then we extract globs of money.

MrsDash

Post Posted: Wed, Jan 19 2011, 6:43 pm       Post subject: re: Is it ok to flush baby wipes down the toilet?
Just hope you don't have a septic tank

greeneyes

Post Posted: Wed, Jan 19 2011, 10:16 pm       Post subject: re: Is it ok to flush baby wipes down the toilet?
Ok, we'll definitely stop flushing them...

I hope we haven't done any damage until now!!

Ima2NYM_LTR

Post Posted: Wed, Jan 19 2011, 10:20 pm       Post subject:
not a good idea- and if you have tree roots in your line to the street (assuming you live in a house) it can be even worse

trust me
"Knowledge works best when shared"

life'sgreat

Post Posted: Wed, Jan 19 2011, 11:27 pm       Post subject: re: Is it ok to flush baby wipes down the toilet?
Don't flush even flushable wipes. Unless you want a HUGE flood and even bigger bills fixing that.
View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Page 1 of 1