Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Need ideas - theme

YALT

Post Sun, Jan 23 2011, 6:32 pm
If you're expecting a mishloach manos from me and want to be surprised, then don't continue.

My theme this year is... Builders.
costume: overalls, plaid shirts, construction hats.
(if anyone has a pair of overalls for DH or for DS size 5T, please PM me if I can borrow them - Brooklyn area)
and if anyone has any construction hats that I can borrow, please let me know.

Mishloach manos:
I got these tiny construction hats. I figured I can build it UP.
my idea is "building the beis hamikdash - 1 brick at a time"

I know there's lego candy, but I think it'll get a bit expensive. when things are not homemade, people prefer that it's in the pkg with the hechsher.

We were thinking of filling it with things from the beis hamikdash - like challah, "oil", something to do with korban, kiyor (water)
but better to have longer skinny something to sit in hat and bring up. A water bottle is too fat.

Any ideas? I can make something out of cookies, but don't want EVERYTHING out of it. So I'm waiting to see what I don't have other things for.

yo'ma

Post Sun, Jan 23 2011, 6:45 pm
A big size 5? I made one for my ds when he was 9 yrs old. He's of average size.

YALT

Post Mon, Jan 24 2011, 7:54 am
Yo'ma, do u have a way to get it to NY now? maybe with someone coming for the convention now?

Anyone else have any ideas?

What should I put inside my mishloach manos?

yo'ma

Post Mon, Jan 24 2011, 8:06 am
YALT wrote:
Yo'ma, do u have a way to get it to NY now? maybe with someone coming for the convention now?

I offered it because my dh said that I better get rid of the costumes or he is by the way of garbage Exploding anger . I worked too hard on them. A friend is supposed to come and take some, but she only has girls.

I offered it also because I'll be coming in the first week in March iy"h. I can bring it in for you. I'll be in flatbush or at times near kids n action.

YALT

Post Mon, Jan 24 2011, 12:24 pm
great! I'll take it! will definitely put it to good use. Please PM me where/when I can reach you then, so that we can meet.

OldYoung

Post Mon, Jan 24 2011, 2:08 pm
How wide are the hats? Are you looking for something as wide as pretzel rods? A package of mentos?

YALT

Post Mon, Jan 24 2011, 2:46 pm
roughly, about the length of my finger LOL (can't get to it right now)
MAYBE< MAYBE I can fit those little water bottles with the red&blue labels in. I should try that.
If that works, that would be for kiyor.
for shulchan - challah
for menorah -
aron -
mizbayach hanechoshes -
mizbayach hazahav -

Please help me fill in the blanks.

sunshine!

Post Mon, Jan 24 2011, 3:04 pm
You can make lego cookies. Cut cookie dough into rectangles, ice with different color icing and stick coordinating m&m candies on it to look like legos.
You can also do lego cakes (same idea but you bake them in mini loaf pans.

You can do traffic light cookies as well.

First thing that jumped into my mind was bagged lunch-but you already have the hats...so maybe not a good idea.

You can do traffic cones out of candy corn and a square taffy base

rovacat

Post Mon, Jan 24 2011, 3:45 pm
are you aware that this year is a leap year, and you have an extra month until purim??

YALT

Post Mon, Jan 24 2011, 4:09 pm
rovacat wrote:
are you aware that this year is a leap year, and you have an extra month until purim??

lol. yes, I know. But now I have time. So I'd rather do what I can now.

You want a laugh? Today I came up with next year's theme. Had I not already purchased the hats for this year, I would do the other theme this year.

Tova

Post Mon, Jan 24 2011, 4:33 pm
Some of us always start preparing about two months in advance because of expected work deadlines and/or yoshon availability.

superjew

Post Mon, Jan 24 2011, 5:31 pm
http://www.birthdayexpress.com......aspx

superjew

Post Mon, Jan 24 2011, 5:33 pm
YALT wrote:
rovacat wrote:

lol. yes, I know. But now I have time. So I'd rather do what I can now.

You want a laugh? Today I came up with next year's theme. Had I not already purchased the hats for this year, I would do the other theme this year.

LOL & me too! But just the opposite here. I was going to do my original plan but couldn't find a cute costume in my ds size so I'll do it next year (as they have cute ones for his size next year) and decided on a new theme for this year!
LOL embarrassed

farfromhome

Post Wed, Jan 26 2011, 1:56 pm
what about menorah cookies, a challah and that candy that comes in a box that is covered in bricks - I think they are called boston baked beans or something?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics