Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Toxic Synovitis - help!

Coke Slurpee

Post Thu, Jan 27 2011, 12:23 am
My 5 year old ds started limping yesterday morn. and it got progressively worse. He had no symptons other then the limp I took him to the dr. today and she said that its prob. toxic synovitis and it should go away within 2 weeks.

My question is when I googled it I saw it mentioned that they often diagnose it after ruling out septic arthritis with an xray, mri or fluid aspiration. Should I be worried that the doctor did not rule it out. I go to a pediatric group and the doc. I saw is not known to be the best of the group (though I don't know that she is not) Should I call back and try to speak to another doc? I don't want to wait two weeks to find out it is something more serious that needs care. Anybody have this with their child?

tia

soboz

Post Thu, Jan 27 2011, 7:17 am
My DD,now thirteen years old, had this when she was two. Just started limping one day for no reason. When we saw a paediatrician he examined my daughter and diagnoded sinovitis of the hip. It passed in a few days.No other tests were done. Hope this helps and refua sheleima.

Coke Slurpee

Post Fri, Jan 28 2011, 12:15 am
Thanks, he seems to be doing better with the ibuprofen.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics