Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
I need a foolproof cinnamon buns recipe

Mirchrude

Post Thu, Jan 27 2011, 11:34 am
Anyone?

crush

Post Thu, Jan 27 2011, 11:38 am
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/C.....;me=1

I just got these in an email from allrecipes. Can't say if it's foolproof or not, as I haven't had a chance yet to try it, but they look good!
Oh, and in the picture that comes up when you click on it, it doesn't look like cinnamon buns, but click for more pictures, and the rest look good Smile

Prez

Post Thu, Jan 27 2011, 11:55 am
I made the cinnamon buns from cookkosher- and just compared the recipes- they are the same!! The cinnamon buns are awesome and delicious- although I made mine into separate buns as opposed to connected. They disappear so fast! mmm

Dini20

Post Thu, Jan 27 2011, 12:14 pm
Do you have a bread machine? I have a great (& easy) recipe that uses a bread machine

suzyq

Post Thu, Jan 27 2011, 12:15 pm
I've made these a few times (substituted soy milk for regular) - http://www.foodnetwork.com/rec......html

They turned out very yummy and they weren't that difficult to make.

msym

Post Thu, Jan 27 2011, 12:19 pm
these were posted by someone on this site a while ago and I have made them several times successfully. I dont know if its foolproof.... but I enjoy making these and they are very yummy. Im actually planning on making them again today

CINNAMON SWIRL ROUNDS

Basic Sweet Dough:

3/4 cup low fat milk (I used mixture of nondairy creamer and water)
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
1/2 cup margarine
2 packages active dry yeast
1/3 cup warm water (105-115 degrees)
3 eggs, room temperature
5 1/2 - 6 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

Place milk, sugar, salt, and butter in a small saucepan. Heat over low heat until butter melts and sugar dissolves. Cool to lukewarm.

Dissolve yeast in warm water in warmed mixer bowl. Add lukewarm milk mixture, eggs, and 5 cups of flour. Attach bowl and dough hook to mixer. Turn to speed 2 and mix about 2 minutes.

Continuing on speed 2, add remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, and mix about 2 minutes, or until dough clings to hook and cleans sides of bowl. Knead on speed 2 about 2 minutes longer.

Place dough in a greased bowl, turning to grease top. Cover. Let rise in warm place, free from draft, about 1 hour, or until doubled in bulk.

Cinnamon Filling:

1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)

Place brown sugar, sugar, butter, flour, cinnamon, and nuts in mixer bowl. Attach bowl and flat beater to mixer. Turn to speed 2 and mix about 1 minute.

Turn dough onto lightly floured surface. Roll dough to 10x24-inch rectangle. (I halved the recipe so I only rolled it to 10x12, and I imagine it would be easier to roll it into two 10x12 pieces rather than one large one) Spread sugar and cinnamon mixture evenly on dough. Roll dough tightly from long side to form 24-inch roll, pinching seam together. Cut into twenty four 1-inch slices.

Place 12 rolls each in two greased 13x9x2-inch baking pans. Cover. Let rise in warm place, free from draft, 45-60 minutes, or until doubled in bulk.

Bake at 350 degrees F. for 20-25 minutes. Remove from pans immediately. Spoon Caramel Glaze over warm rolls.

Caramel Glaze:

1/3 cup evaporated milk (I used nondairy creamer)
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla

Place evaporated milk and brown sugar in small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until mixture begins to boil, stirring constantly.

Place milk mixture, powdered sugar, and vanilla in mixer bowl. Attach bowl and flat beater to mixer. Turn to speed 4 and beat about 2 minutes or until creamy, adding more milk if necessary.
Enjoy!

Yocheved_G

Post Thu, Jan 27 2011, 12:40 pm
Do you have the Spice & Spirit purple cookbook?

I have made the cinnamon bun recipe from there many times, and if I could manage it, anyone could!! I have made it with a mixer and by hand & it only takes about 15 min of prep time (I'm not super fast in the kitchen... always lots of little distractions Smile .

Let me know if you want me to post it.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Jan 27 2011, 1:34 pm
The Spice and Spirit one is excellent !!!!

CINNAMON BUNS – it sounds like a potchke but it’s really very very good!
Rolls
1 package yellow or butter cake mix
5 cups flour
2 packages 1/4 oz. each yeast
2 1/2 cups hot water
Softened margarine
Sugar
Topping
1/2 cup melted margarine
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1 cup chopped nuts or chocolate chips or raisins

Combine cake mix, flour and yeast in bowl and mix. Let rise until double.
Roll dough out and spread with margarine and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. Roll up like a jelly roll and cut into 12 sliced. Place into greased 9 by 13 pan. Repeat with second half of dough. Let rise again until doubled. Combine topping ingredients and pour over rolls & bake at 375 for 25 minutes.

gumdrop

Post Thu, Jan 27 2011, 1:41 pm
Try these I never had a problem with them only that they disappear too quickly.

8 c flour
2 egg
2 egg yolks
2 stick marg
1 vanilla sigar
1 c sugar
2 oz. yeast or 3 tbs in 1/2 cup warm water
another 1/2 c warm water
1 c apple juice
pinch salt

mix, let rise 1 hr.
divide dough in half
roll out like rectangle long and skinny
smear oil generously

mix:
8tsp cinn
2 c sugar
1 c confection sugar

roll tight and slice 1 inch apart bake at 350 15-20 min don't let it get too dark

I mix conf, oil and water for a glaze.
Enjoy!

sarah86

Post Thu, Jan 27 2011, 2:18 pm
Mix and set aside to proof
1/2 c warm water (I always do 1/4 c boiling and 1/4 c tap)
2 T sugar
2 T dry active yeast

Mix together:
1 3 1/2 oz package instant vanilla pudding
2 c milk
1/2 c butter melted
2 eggs
1 t salt
Add the yeast mixture to this and then add
6 + c flour
Knead until a soft and slightly sticky dough forms-don't add to much flour it will make them dense-the more annoying to work the better they taste!

Put dough in greased bowl and let rise for 1 hour in warm place.

Divide dough into 2, roll out into 2 big rectangles.
Spread on each half:
1/2 c butter, softened
1 c brown sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
raisins (optional)

Roll uptightly, and cut into 12 rolls. Place in grease pan (I always make 2 trays), and let rise for about 45 minutes or until doubled in warm place.

Bake at 350 for 15-25 minutes....Don't over bake!

Frost with cream cheese icing.

4 oz cream cheese
1/2 c butter softened
1 tsp vanilla
pinch salt
1 1/2 c icing sugar.
Cream butter and cheese, Add vanilla and salt. Add icing sugar and mix well until smooth. Add milk 1/2 T at a time until desired consistency.

wwmom

Post Sun, Feb 13 2011, 4:00 pm
Does anyone know how to freeze these? I was considering making for MM and would make it if I can freeze it. Or maybe it is better to freeze the after I prepare, but before baking? Anyone have experience with this? Thanks!

Depressed

Post Sun, Feb 13 2011, 4:19 pm
Just go to the bakery. Thats foolproof,,, LOL

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Feb 13 2011, 8:34 pm
I've frozen baked cinnamon buns. I just warm them up before eating, and they're still delicious.

israelgirl

Post Tue, Jun 02 2015, 3:28 pm
msym wrote:
these were posted by someone on this site a while ago and I have made them several times successfully. I dont know if its foolproof.... but I enjoy making these and they are very yummy. Im actually planning on making them again today

CINNAMON SWIRL ROUNDS

Basic Sweet Dough:

3/4 cup low fat milk (I used mixture of nondairy creamer and water)
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
1/2 cup margarine
2 packages active dry yeast
1/3 cup warm water (105-115 degrees)
3 eggs, room temperature
5 1/2 - 6 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

Place milk, sugar, salt, and butter in a small saucepan. Heat over low heat until butter melts and sugar dissolves. Cool to lukewarm.

Dissolve yeast in warm water in warmed mixer bowl. Add lukewarm milk mixture, eggs, and 5 cups of flour. Attach bowl and dough hook to mixer. Turn to speed 2 and mix about 2 minutes.

Continuing on speed 2, add remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, and mix about 2 minutes, or until dough clings to hook and cleans sides of bowl. Knead on speed 2 about 2 minutes longer.

Place dough in a greased bowl, turning to grease top. Cover. Let rise in warm place, free from draft, about 1 hour, or until doubled in bulk.

Cinnamon Filling:

1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)

Place brown sugar, sugar, butter, flour, cinnamon, and nuts in mixer bowl. Attach bowl and flat beater to mixer. Turn to speed 2 and mix about 1 minute.

Turn dough onto lightly floured surface. Roll dough to 10x24-inch rectangle. (I halved the recipe so I only rolled it to 10x12, and I imagine it would be easier to roll it into two 10x12 pieces rather than one large one) Spread sugar and cinnamon mixture evenly on dough. Roll dough tightly from long side to form 24-inch roll, pinching seam together. Cut into twenty four 1-inch slices.

Place 12 rolls each in two greased 13x9x2-inch baking pans. Cover. Let rise in warm place, free from draft, 45-60 minutes, or until doubled in bulk.

Bake at 350 degrees F. for 20-25 minutes. Remove from pans immediately. Spoon Caramel Glaze over warm rolls.

Caramel Glaze:

1/3 cup evaporated milk (I used nondairy creamer)
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla

Place evaporated milk and brown sugar in small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until mixture begins to boil, stirring constantly.

Place milk mixture, powdered sugar, and vanilla in mixer bowl. Attach bowl and flat beater to mixer. Turn to speed 4 and beat about 2 minutes or until creamy, adding more milk if necessary.
Enjoy!

These cinnamon buns though.....Just made them tonight they are soooo good!!!

shirtsandskirts

Post Sun, Jul 26 2015, 5:32 pm
Funny question: Do I bake these along in a loaf like a deli roll once cut up or do I turn each one and bake them that way as they are displayed in pictures?

merelyme

Post Sun, Jul 26 2015, 5:39 pm
DunkinLover wrote:
Funny question: Do I bake these along in a loaf like a deli roll once cut up or do I turn each one and bake them that way as they are displayed in pictures?

Turn and bake them standing upright.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics