Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
International Kosher Council

amother

Post Thu, Jan 27 2011, 3:42 pm
Does anyone know if this is a reliable hechsher? there is a new vegan pizza place in our city that is using the IKC hechsher and I am just curious about it. I keep forgetting to ask my Rabbi so I figured I would see if anyone here knows anything.
Thanks for the help!!

amother

Post Thu, Jan 27 2011, 7:30 pm
no one knows anything about them? I would really like to know so we can eat there...lol.

amother

Post Sun, Jan 30 2011, 4:45 pm
not one single person on this whole board knows if this hasgacha is acceptable? Sad

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Jan 30 2011, 6:09 pm
You haven't indicated what city (or even what country) you are in -- makes it very easy to gloss over and not think about it. If you'd indicate that, odds are someone from your locale would notice and have some info for you.

Otherwise, just call your local vaad and ask them. Or ask your LOR.

amother

Post Sun, Jan 30 2011, 9:29 pm
They are out of Brooklyn. I didn't think where I live is relevant to whether or not anyone has heard of them.

Happy18

Post Sun, Jan 30 2011, 9:31 pm
Never heard of it.

Soul on fire

Post Thu, Jun 06 2013, 5:53 pm
bumping this up to see if anyone knows anything? There is a pizza place in our community that I am curious about, I will ask DH to check with our Rav but I am just looking for info about it if anyone knows. The Rabbi is Zev Schwarcz.

mimimom

Post Wed, Jun 12 2013, 2:05 pm
From what I've heard it's not reliable. As an indication, they give hashgacha to places that are open on Shabbos.

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, Jan 11 2016, 10:08 pm
mimimom wrote:
From what I've heard it's not reliable. As an indication, they give hashgacha to places that are open on Shabbos.

Interesting how the head of the organization is proud of having learned in Telshe Yeshiva, a very right leaning Yeshiva, but if he gives the Hechsher to places open on Shabbos, isnt following what I imagine was taught there as a fact of importance when giving a Hechsher.

From the IKC website:

Welcome to IKC—what kosher supervision was meant to be
Welcome to the world headquarters of the International Kosher Council, home to food manufacturers and distributors worldwide as their source for fulfillment of all of their kosher needs.

Who are we?
We are an Orthodox certification. Rabbi Zev Schwarcz, is the Rabbi directing the IKC. He is a graduate and musmach of Telshe Yeshiva in Cleveland.He has had over 20 years experience with Kashrus supervision with major kosher certifying agencies. All of our Mashgichim are Orthodox, bnei yeshivos. Our guideline is the Halacha (Jewish Law). We strive to do everything according to Halacha (Jewish Law).

cbsp

Post Tue, Jan 12 2016, 7:20 pm
My husband (who's in kashrus) said it's a hechsher that's NOT accepted by the OU...

And, sometimes it does matter which city. It would raise a flag why a local establishment has some obscure hechsher from a non-local agency if there is a local va'ad that certifies all the others. Not saying this was the case here but it could have been an important piece of information.

Also the logo (or a description) is helpful if you want info. And the name of the certifying Rov.

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Jan 12 2016, 9:19 pm
http://www.ikckosher.com/

You can see the logo.

I find it a little distasteful that the Rov proves his religiosity by telling you where he got his Smicha, but IF he gives his Hechsher to places that are open on Shabbos, he clearly isnt following that Yeshiva's guidelines.

cbsp

Post Tue, Jan 12 2016, 10:44 pm
amother lilac wrote:
http://www.ikckosher.com/

You can see the logo.

I was replying to the OP who wrote
amother wrote:
I didn't think where I live is relevant to whether or not anyone has heard of them.

So I was just explaining why there hadn't been too many responses... I hadn't realized the thread was old...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions