Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Anyone suspect one of the Imamother members
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Soul on fire

Post Sun, Jan 30 2011, 1:48 pm
I have no idea who anyone is IRL but I do think that I am on a homeschooling yahoo group with a couple of moms from here.

hadasa

Post Sun, Jan 30 2011, 3:46 pm
I used to guard my anonymity, but by now I don't mind anymore if someone figures me out. I met three people at a meet three years ago, and there's one rather infrequent poster whom I suspect I know vaguely, but I might be wrong. My guess is based on her hometown, her approximate age, and where she went to seminary. Of course there could be more people like that, but at that time there weren't many girls from that city in that sem.

shanie5

Post Sun, Jan 30 2011, 3:52 pm
I've been 'caught' a few times. Its actually reconnected me to some old friends. But then its easy to catch me-I dont hide who I am.

clowny

Post Sun, Jan 30 2011, 4:42 pm
Anybody who knows me in real life probably figured me out by now since I dont hide my identity. I dont care if anybody knows my sn, I use the amother feature when I really post something private. (which only happened once)

I dont suspect anybody on imamother to be somebody I know, but who knows??? What

sequoia

Post Sun, Jan 30 2011, 4:44 pm
Meh.

JollyMommy

Post Sun, Jan 30 2011, 8:34 pm
a lot of people know me on here and in real life. that's fine with me.

TwinsMommy

Post Sun, Jan 30 2011, 8:56 pm
I'm friends with probably 15-20 of you on facebook which means I see pics of your kids and I know your innermost thoughts and by the way, I raid your fridge in the middle of the night. bwah ha ha. Smile

If you don't want me to know you're on imamother, don't friend me on facebook and have a million mutual friends with me who are all imamothers. Smile

Yeah, I've figured out a few people-- it's fun.

greenfire lives walking distance from me but I didn't know her at all until we imamothered.

One of my good friends is a lurker on here and claims she never posts--- but there's a poster I think COULD be her. Smile

Laughing Bag!

Post Sun, Jan 30 2011, 9:26 pm
I do know some ppl IRL. one I "talk" to often in the chat room thats where I figured her out lol. otheres ive figured out or suspect them to be who they are im not sure if they know who I am but one family member I know is here she knows im here too but im not sure if she has figured me out by my sn LOL only two ppl I know personally others I vaguely know on face or from the comunity.

IloveHashem613

Post Sun, Jan 30 2011, 9:26 pm
I accidentally figured out who 2 people were. I wasn't trying to figure out their identities but they happened to post stories with specific details that it was impossible not to figure them out.

Raizle

Post Sun, Jan 30 2011, 9:28 pm
yes yes, this question has been asked often LOL
I don't suspect - I know who some posters are.

bigsis144

Post Mon, Jan 31 2011, 12:12 am
So is there an imamother etiquette to letting someone know?

Ex., send a PM "Subject: Hi, I think I know you!"

"Body: Hi, _____, I think I know you IRL. Smile from your sn and details you've posted about yourself, I've come to the conclusion that I know you from ________ (ex. I was daughter ____'s camp counselor in my hometown/you're married to my cousin ____/I went to _____ seminary with you/we've got kids in the same class, etc.). *waves* I'm _____ (real name). If this was a mistake, feel free to ignore this message. If I do know you, HI! Fancy meeting you here! Just wanted to let you know that I'm on the site, if you want to take that into account when posting personal information. Kol tuv, _____ (real name)"

freshie

Post Mon, Jan 31 2011, 2:27 am
bigsis144 wrote:

"Body: Hi, _____, I think I know you IRL. Smile from your sn and details you've posted about yourself, I've come to the conclusion that I know you from ________ (ex. I was daughter ____'s camp counselor in my hometown/you're married to my cousin ____/I went to _____ seminary with you/we've got kids in the same class, etc.). *waves* I'm _____ (real name). If this was a mistake, feel free to ignore this message. If I do know you, HI! Fancy meeting you here! Just wanted to let you know that I'm on the site, if you want to take that into account when posting personal information. Kol tuv, _____ (real name)"

Why should I disclose my identity when I work hard to do so whilst you obviously aren't that careful.

If I know the person well and I managed to guess I would tell them IRL but not through imamother as that's defeating the purpose. If I guess someone who isn't a friend of mine I leave it as they are being quite open and I don't know them well enough IRL to tell them.

saw50st8

Post Mon, Jan 31 2011, 3:22 am
A few people know my SN. One is mummidearest who introduced me here, one is my SIL who uses the same name everywhere :-)

I've been "found" by a bunch of people, but it doesn't bother me. I am who I am.

2busy

Post Mon, Jan 31 2011, 3:46 am
I figured out 2-3 and meet another 2-3

Isramom8

Post Mon, Jan 31 2011, 4:07 am
Is it more exciting to hide one's identity? Because I'm not hiding and nothing dramatic seems to have happened in my life due to this. I feel like Imamother is one big park full of frum ladies to talk to, but you don't have to go push your kids on the swings.

allergypro

Post Mon, Jan 31 2011, 5:48 am
A close friend and I found each other, and my sister and I found each other. My student's mother found me here, and I thought it was very sweet of her to pm me. My sister and friend know (almost) everything about me anyways, so I don't care. The idea that mothers of my students are also reading about my life, well, embarrassed embarrassed embarrassed embarrassed. After this one mother pm'd me, I started using amother more often.
PS................ let's see if she finds this post Wink

bigsis144

Post Mon, Jan 31 2011, 7:15 am
freshie wrote:
bigsis144 wrote:

Why should I disclose my identity when I work hard to do so whilst you obviously aren't that careful.

If I know the person well and I managed to guess I would tell them IRL but not through imamother as that's defeating the purpose. If I guess someone who isn't a friend of mine I leave it as they are being quite open and I don't know them well enough IRL to tell them.

I'm not quite sure what you're saying... if I found a sister on Imamother, I'd probably tell her one the phone or face-to-face. My sisters know everything about me anyway, so it would be more of a funny moment. With someone who's more of an acquaintance, people tend to be more private. To use the park analogy, I probably wouldn't talk about certain things in public if I knew someone was listening, or I'd make sure to use less details so that something wouldn't end up being lashon hara. KWIM? So I'm more concerned about the netiquette of informing an acquaintance that I figured out her identity.

Raizle

Post Sat, Feb 05 2011, 3:25 pm
too funny...
I just discovered a former classmate on imamother LOL
What's funny is that the most innocent of questions or comments here can give a person away. I don't know if she is trying to hide or not but still, it makes a point.

tikva18

Post Sat, Feb 05 2011, 5:22 pm
I use my same screenname every place. If you know me, you know me. I'm okay with that. Smile And, btw, if someone does use their screenname in more than one place, it is googleable. I check google every so often to see where it says I go.

Merrymom

Post Mon, Feb 07 2011, 6:57 pm
I sometimes want to just post a list like this:

Are you BZ from S. Mass? OK then you know me,
Are you ____ from ____ then you know me, especially when you live out of town, I don't feel threatened by you knowing me irl. If we're neighbors or something then it bothers me because then I'd have to use the anonymous feature more often which is annoying.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics