Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Anyone suspect one of the Imamother members
Previous  1  2  3  4

esther09

Post Tue, Feb 26 2013, 10:24 pm
I figured out both a family member and a friend. The family member is open that she posts, doesn't post anything I did not know before, but has no idea I'm on here - so I'd prefer to not let her know.

The friend, OTOH, posts a lot of details about her life, things I definitely did not know and are pretty personal. I don't think she'd care that I figured her out, she posts under her name identifying facts not as amother so she is clearly not really trying to hide, but it's definitely kind of an awkward situation.

Bitachon101

Post Mon, Jun 02 2014, 11:41 pm
K I know this thread is old but came across it and wanted to add my 2 sense.
I'm sure ppl I know are on here but I don't know or suspect anyone.
I would be very uncomfortable if ppl knew me as this is my outlet to let out some very personal situations. I try to post amother just in case sometimes as details may give me away but I prefer to post in general under my sn. I just want the freedom of people IRL not knowing my innermost thoughts and life situations...
Especially cuz IRL ppl know me as a happy person and don't know always that I'm not happy, or that I had a rough situation going thru, etc and being able to come on here and kvetch really helps! I have a feeling 1-2 ppl may suspect they know me (and if u do let me know so I can be more cautios under amother)

naturalmom5

Post Mon, Jun 02 2014, 11:54 pm
I figured out 2 willy ladies and one from down south because we were blog friends 8 years ago
I was so happy to reconnect

Ruchel

Post Tue, Jun 03 2014, 6:49 am
found a cousin (I already knew her before ima)

SplitPea

Post Tue, Jun 03 2014, 7:26 am
I found out a sil. I called her and let her know to change her sn.

I am sure most know who I am.

coconutbutter

Post Tue, Jun 03 2014, 7:55 am
SplitPea wrote:
I found out a sil. I called her and let her know to change her sn.

I am sure most know who I am.

This. I would appreciate knowing if I've been "outed"....

flowerpower

Post Tue, Jun 03 2014, 8:46 am
Someone outed me recently and keeps mentioning the stuff that I post. This is one of my outlets so just stop doing it. If people find out from my posts who I am just keep it to yourself. I don't want to know it. I feel better that way. That being said, I know all family members that are on this site and they know who I am.

Sanguine

Post Tue, Jun 03 2014, 9:27 am
I've outed myself a few times. In the beginning I used my real name and where I live. Then I asked on LII if anyone knows me IRL and I got some responses. Then I started a thread asking who went to my HS and I found some. Then I asked who was in Bnei Akiva and found a few more...

Maybe there are more and they know who I am but don't want me to know who they are. If I post something that I don't want the people who know me to know, I use amother.

So I've found people but not cause I suspected them - I just asked

shosh

Post Wed, Jun 04 2014, 3:38 pm
This is why I post very rarely on here these days. Too many people know me on here and I just don't feel confident about writing about very much at all anymore for that reason.

Smiling Wife

Post Wed, Jun 04 2014, 6:08 pm
Liba wrote:
People who know me know who I am. LOL Someone who I hadn't seen in at least 17-18? years found me here recently.

Liba I don't know you personally, but I see the same avatar picture as a profile picture on other social media websites in my town Smile

yeeway

Post Thu, Jun 05 2014, 3:28 am
I figured out who a couple of people here are. Some people have stories that don't happen to everyone Smile

Once in a while, when one of my friends posts anonymously, I could identify that too.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics