Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Photography and Fine Art
Do you have pictures of you and your dh together? not prof.
1  2  Next

yo'ma

Post Tue, Feb 01 2011, 6:01 pm
If I want a picture of me and my dh, I have to say, dh come here and ask another person to take it, otherwise, we wouldn't have any. My dh bought a frame for me for our anniversary or something else (don't remember) with two hearts and it says, love forever. I had to take a picture for it or else I wouldn't have been able to put anything in it. After all, it did take quite a few months until I did Rolling Eyes .

frimamom

Post Tue, Feb 01 2011, 6:04 pm
I have the same problem. I'm always busy taking pics of my dc and never had anything taken of us together. I ordered a nice calendar with pics for dh for valentines day, and the only pics I found that had both of us in it is a pics from 2 years ago on our honeymoon LOL

2busy

Post Tue, Feb 01 2011, 6:57 pm
dont have any lol

Yakira

Post Tue, Feb 01 2011, 7:03 pm
we have lots. sometimes its on days off together or whatnot but DH also takes it by himself by stretching his hand all the way, it comes out decent.

Sweet Valley Gal

Post Tue, Feb 01 2011, 7:07 pm
we have tons. I am very into pics so I take all the time. I have no problem asking pple to take for me.

yo'ma

Post Tue, Feb 01 2011, 7:21 pm
Yakira wrote:
we have lots. sometimes its on days off together or whatnot but DH also takes it by himself by stretching his hand all the way, it comes out decent.

Do you have a camera that you can see the picture while taking? My father used to and probably still does, but he did it with cameras that you couldn't see. It also had film, so... LOL My kids keep on doing that. I told them to stop because I don't want anymore close ups. Nobody really looks that great so close up Rolling Eyes .

Yakira

Post Tue, Feb 01 2011, 7:58 pm
yo'ma wrote:
Yakira wrote:

Do you have a camera that you can see the picture while taking? My father used to and probably still does, but he did it with cameras that you couldn't see. It also had film, so... LOL My kids keep on doing that. I told them to stop because I don't want anymore close ups. Nobody really looks that great so close up Rolling Eyes .

Oh yeah, this will only work with digital, which I'm guessing is what you're referring to!

Ronit

Post Tue, Feb 01 2011, 8:16 pm
I've done the same Yakira with digital. Or I ask someone to take a picture of us.

We don't have as many as of the kids, but we have some.

Basimcha

Post Tue, Feb 01 2011, 8:35 pm
Yes, lots of pictures with DH indeed. We have no problem asking people to snap a picture. I also use a lot the self timer feature when I am indoors--and no people around.

MrsDash

Post Tue, Feb 01 2011, 8:47 pm
We literally have tons of photos with us together. Like other's have mentioned, we either take the picture ourselves, have other people take it, or use a self timer.

losingweight

Post Tue, Feb 01 2011, 8:53 pm
We ask our 8 year old to take pics of us when we take family trips.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Feb 02 2011, 10:16 am
Thousands Smile

c.c.cookie

Post Wed, Feb 02 2011, 10:27 am
We have some, but not many.

the world's best mom

Post Wed, Feb 02 2011, 11:37 am
frimamom wrote:
I have the same problem. I'm always busy taking pics of my dc and never had anything taken of us together. I ordered a nice calendar with pics for dh for valentines day, and the only pics I found that had both of us in it is a pics from 2 years ago on our honeymoon LOL

Noy to be disrespectful, but this is the first time I've heard of frum people keeping valentine's day. Isn't it a Christian holiday?

Ruchel

Post Wed, Feb 02 2011, 11:39 am
Okay.
Many rabbis tolerate and some allow secularized holidays like Valentine or Halloween or New Year. There are special menus in restaurants for them etc.

suomynona

Post Wed, Feb 02 2011, 11:40 am
hardly

greeneyes

Post Wed, Feb 02 2011, 11:42 am
We hardly have any.

I wish we had more. Occasionally we'll ask people to take pictures of us together, but I usually feel a little funny asking so it doesn't end up happening often.

the world's best mom

Post Wed, Feb 02 2011, 11:48 am
Ruchel wrote:
Okay.
Many rabbis tolerate and some allow secularized holidays like Valentine or Halloween or New Year. There are special menus in restaurants for them etc.

Do these people get x-mas trees too? I mean, why would someone even want give credibility to these Shtussim? I have never heard of a single Rav who allowed it.

brooklyn

Post Wed, Feb 02 2011, 12:56 pm
Very few if any consider Valentines Day to be a religious holiday. It may have begun as one but now it is a Hallmark holiday.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Feb 02 2011, 12:58 pm
the world's best mom wrote:
Ruchel wrote:
Okay.

Do these people get x-mas trees too? I mean, why would someone even want give credibility to these Shtussim? I have never heard of a single Rav who allowed it.

X mas is still considered religious or "birth of little Yoshke".
Give credibility? Not sure what you mean. People just use it to celebrate.
You've never heard, okay. So don't. And please respect others.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Photography and Fine Art