Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Where do you put your leichters?

happy2beme

Post Fri, Sep 01 2006, 11:21 am
Do you leave it on the dining table or do you have a separate table for them?

I had a separate table but my son can reach it & is always pulling the leichter down!

Do you know where I can buy a high table from? I already looked on bombay & pottery barn...

Ambassador-to-KJ

Post Fri, Sep 01 2006, 11:23 am
I have them on the end of our dining room table. I always have my eye out for a small but sturdy high table with a rail (dont know how else to describe it) around the top to keep little fingers out but right now table it is. I always have to watch though and it does make me nervous as we have a 2 year old who gets up close to the candles (shes blown some out before)

Younger Me

Post Fri, Sep 01 2006, 11:33 am
Right now, I keep them on my buffet in the dining room, but eventually, I'd like to get a breakfront or a curio (which would be airtight) to put my silver in, because right now, I have to constantly polish my silver.

JMto2

Post Fri, Sep 01 2006, 11:37 am
I put mine on my DR table but I would recommend why not light on your counter in the kitchen if you have a safe place on one. A small table will be easy to reach they are usually shorter then a regular dining room table and they tip easily.

su7kids

Post Fri, Sep 01 2006, 11:40 am
I stopped lighting mine in the dining room table when the Little Hand Society used to pull the table clothes.

Those little hands are bigger than mine now (all 7 pairs, I think) and I have a side table which came from my mother's Estate and we all light there.

jewgal84

Center of dining room table.

happy2beme

jmto2, that is a good idea & I could see the neiros from the table...

I have to think about it Smile

LisaS

Post Fri, Sep 01 2006, 12:47 pm
We have a little shelf attached to the dining room wall where I light. I have to stand on a chair to reach it.

brooklyn

Post Fri, Sep 01 2006, 1:56 pm
Center of the dining room table for me.

chen

Post Fri, Sep 01 2006, 1:57 pm
someone I know has the loveliest wall sconce kind of thing to hold cndles. (each one holds one candle inside a removable glass chimney, which protects the candles from passing breezes and protects the wall from the flames). She has a framed artistic Yehi Rotzon mounted on the wall between the two sconces. It's gorgeous and out of the way of little hands.

happy2beme

Post Fri, Sep 01 2006, 2:03 pm
Quote:
someone I know has the loveliest wall sconce kind of thing to hold cndles. (each one holds one candle inside a removable glass chimney, which protects the candles from passing breezes and protects the wall from the flames). She has a framed artistic Yehi Rotzon mounted on the wall between the two sconces. It's gorgeous and out of the way of little hands.

that sounds very cute but I'm more traditional & I like to use my candlesticks I got... plus, if u have more than 2 won't the wall look a little too much?

I found a table on bombay at the end- hope it looks good!

supermom

Post Sat, Sep 02 2006, 2:45 pm
In my parents house when we were younger we lit them on top of the bookcase. But we light it on our dining room table.

Pickle Lady

Post Sat, Sep 02 2006, 8:29 pm
I light my on top of a bookcaes. The little hand society was also blowing out my candles. Drove me nuts.. so now they can't reach it and my candles don't get blown out.

lubcoralsprings

Post Sat, Sep 02 2006, 9:08 pm
Pickle lady that's a great place. I put mine on my kitchen counter.

ny21

Post Sat, Sep 02 2006, 9:27 pm
In my living room I have a heirloom piece of furniture .

so I keep it their.

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Sun, Sep 03 2006, 1:01 am
Pickle Lady wrote:
I light my on top of a bookcaes. The little hand society was also blowing out my candles. Drove me nuts.. so now they can't reach it and my candles don't get blown out.

I was gonna say that about you.. I was looking to see if you responded.. if u didn't I would have written that I saw it by you..
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics