Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
So what do you think of The Bachelor?? Anyone watch it?
1  2  Next

crush

Post Thu, Feb 03 2011, 10:15 am
Anyone here watch The Bachelor? I admit, it's my guilty pleasure. And Brad bugs me to no end, but I watch it anyway. I need to discuss it with people! So if anyone watches it, chime in here. I'd love to hear your opinions!

DrMom

Post Thu, Feb 03 2011, 10:24 am
I saw it once on Israeli TV (I have no idea if it was the latest season or if it was an old season).

My first thought was: Wow, how degrading for these women. He "tries them all out" while on dates and then strings them all along for all these weeks until he finally picks one. How desperate and insecure does one have to be to subject oneself to this degradation?

And what's so great about this guy that all these woman want to bend over backwards (figuratively) to date him? He doesn't seem like anything special to me. And none of these women think "meh, no thanks"? They all want to date and marry him?

(Maybe I missed the terms of the prize if you win -- is cash involved?)

But, yeah, total guilty pleasure. I keep thinking "I'm glad |I never did this!"

Last edited by DrMom on Thu, Feb 03 2011, 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total

crush

Post Thu, Feb 03 2011, 10:27 am
Well, it's also degrading for the men--each year the switch off, last year was the Bachelorette, where all the men were fighting for one girl.
But totally agree with you in your other point! I think most of the girls are WAY better than he is, and if they all weren't on the show, they probably wouldn't give him the time of day.

Aribenj

Post Thu, Feb 03 2011, 12:57 pm
I love it too... I can't help thinking of Achashverosh though... Lol!

I can't remember their names but one of those women scares me!! (the one who's always saying that Brad is hers...) I think if he can get past the blonde who lost her husband and has a daughter's past thats who he'll end up with. Otherwise, shontelle has a good chance too.

hardworkingmommy

Post Thu, Feb 03 2011, 1:08 pm
Aribenj wrote:
I love it too... I can't help thinking of Achashverosh though... Lol!

I can't remember their names but one of those women scares me!! (the one who's always saying that Brad is hers...) I think if he can get past the blonde who lost her husband and has a daughter's past thats who he'll end up with. Otherwise, shontelle has a good chance too.

Her name is Michelle Money & she happens to be an actress so I can’t figure out if this is her personality or their telling her to act out.
I love Emily she’s so sweet, but something tells me he'll end up with Shontelle or Chantelle.

thankful

Post Thu, Feb 03 2011, 1:51 pm
I watched it last year, the whole season...as u said guilty pleasure! it did leave an impact on me though, to really appreciate how lucky I am living as a yid...sheker hachain vehevel hayofi!

Rikolla3

Post Thu, Feb 03 2011, 2:27 pm
I cant stand michelle..and I heard she's jewish!!!!! emily is sweet!

Ruchel

Post Thu, Feb 03 2011, 2:31 pm
I watch the French one sometimes. It .gets boring quickly; I hear most if not all are actors anyway.

hardworkingmommy

Post Thu, Feb 03 2011, 3:10 pm
Rikolla3 wrote:

Wow I had this feeling that she has some jewish blood in here.

crush

Post Thu, Feb 03 2011, 3:30 pm
Michelle drives me nuts! I really like Emily, but I reeeally hope she doesn't win, lol, cuz I think she's way too good for Brad! Does anyone else think he has zero personality?!
Anyway, I hope he doesn't pick Emily and she ends up as next year's Bachelorette Smile
I like Chantel, she seems grounded and normal. But I almost hope he picks Michelle, because I can't stand them both LOL

hardworkingmommy

Post Thu, Feb 03 2011, 3:39 pm
Crush if you want I can tell you if picks Michelle or not.
I think brad is a nice guy one thing that I hate is that he keep calling his therapist.
He has to learn to make his own decisions with out ppl. helping him.
And talking about the bachelorete I heard Vienna wants to be the next one.

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Feb 03 2011, 3:42 pm
Deleted.

Last edited by amother on Sat, Jan 02 2016, 9:45 pm; edited 2 times in total

crush

Post Thu, Feb 03 2011, 3:42 pm
Thanks for the offer, but I'd rather be in suspense Wink I'll let you know if I get curious, though. How do you know??
I know what you mean...it bugs me how he calls his therapist so often, too!
And whaaat?? Vienna is being the next Bachelorette?! Noooo. What's with the recycling? I want Emily! Lol

robynm

Post Thu, Feb 03 2011, 4:07 pm
OMG where have u guyz been?? all my usual bachelor/bachllorette friend watchers were too pissed off that they picked Brad so they all went on strike and arent watching. I have had no one to talk to!!!

what??? michelle is jewish??? she is so coniving!!! what was the deal with the black eye?

I like chantel (not the embalmer) the tough girl.. but she cries too much for her acclaimed tought girl... but I still like her.

emily is too perfect.... I kind of wanna knock her over....

I like brit... shes cute. but I dont think hell end up with a blond

and whats the deal with jackie? she looks so jewish?

fc8899

Post Thu, Feb 03 2011, 4:09 pm
Rikolla3 wrote:

I cant either!!! she makes me sooo mad!!! I have a feeling shell be one of the last 3 and I thnk emily will go home soon.. based on a preview that I saw even though she is so fine and I wish she would stay till the end

crush

Post Thu, Feb 03 2011, 4:12 pm
robynm wrote:

LOL That made me laugh
I forgot about Jackie...I like her, she seems classy and nice
And why did he choose the cookoo Ashley over the sweet, nice Ashley? I was so mad!

gp2.0

Post Thu, Feb 03 2011, 4:17 pm
This show is such a joke. I tune in to an episode every now and then to laugh and be incredulous and throw things at the screen. Great fun, watching people act stupid. I mean, would anyone IRL do this? Go out with a guy while he freely admits to you that he's going out with at least TEN other girls?? Lol. Where's the reality in reality TV?

robynm

Post Thu, Feb 03 2011, 4:31 pm
crush wrote:
robynm wrote:

LOL That made me laugh
I forgot about Jackie...I like her, she seems classy and nice
And why did he choose the cookoo Ashley over the sweet, nice Ashley? I was so mad!

I know!!! plus her forhead is like a 5 head!!! she needs some bangs!!!

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Feb 03 2011, 5:28 pm
Deleted.

Last edited by amother on Sat, Jan 02 2016, 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

doodlesmom

Post Thu, Feb 03 2011, 5:48 pm
No one else watches cuz of all the fantastic dates they set up in all those amazing settings?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics