Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
So what do you think of The Bachelor?? Anyone watch it?
Previous  1  2

estibesty

Post Thu, Feb 03 2011, 3:08 pm
they are competley in fantasy land and think they have feeling for this guy /they cant talk/see/listen nothing to the outside world its like when they pick the final 1 they come into the real world and see they have nothing in common thats why barely any of the couples from ALL the seasons it been running actually stay t/g besides the very famous trista and ryan thats it ands now jason and molly and looking like bachelor pad created a kiptyn/tenly THATS IT from all seasons

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Feb 03 2011, 4:06 pm
Deleted.

Last edited by amother on Sat, Jan 02 2016, 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

marina

Post Thu, Feb 03 2011, 4:23 pm
I once watched this show by accident and then decided I couldn't afford to lose anymore brain cells.

IloveHashem613

Post Thu, Feb 03 2011, 4:59 pm
Its totally my guilty pleasure too and when I watch it, while I find it entertaining, I also find it so sad that this is what America is about. Its all about women putting themselves completely out there to get so hurt and rejected and all for people's entertainment. I find it ridiculous that these women go on these romantic vacations and these amazing dates and for some reason they are "falling in love" with this guy and are simply positive that he is the ONE.
Michelle is ridiculously posessive and jealous and she is for sure being told what to say by producers of the show. In fact, I bet they are telling Brad to keep her on just to get good ratings cuz people love that stuff... Emily is definitley so sweet and she's the only one who really seems genuine about the whole thing. Like someone else mentioned, Brad has no personality, and I don't think he is good looking at all. It seems like all the Bachelors say the same stupid cheesy lines every episode (like they are reading off a script). Well all this being said, its still my guilty pleasure and it gives me a feeling of appreciating being a Jew and the real values in life. It also gives me a deeper appreciation for valuing tznius, and not being raised that I have to literally flaunt my body and be totally seductive and flirty all the time to get noticed and appreciated. Wow, who would think the Bachelor could be inspiring?? Lol

Post Thu, Feb 03 2011, 5:18 pm
Totaly my guilty pleasure too! Ive been following the show for the last few season. Not because its something I think is remotely real, its just fun.

I dont like Brad but it does seem like he worked through his issues.

My prediction: Chontell O (the one that slapped him, "tuff" one) is going to "win"
From the previews it shows a blonde huggign Brad saying she cant love him- I think thats Emily.

Post Thu, Feb 03 2011, 5:21 pm
Michelle is phsyco
But when she first stepped out of the Limo I thought she was stunning and had a gorgeous dress.

marina

Post Thu, Feb 03 2011, 6:02 pm
Quote:
I also find it so sad that this is what America is about.

This is not what America is about. Anymore than this is what yiddishkeit is about.

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Feb 03 2011, 8:28 pm
marina wrote:
Quote:

This is not what America is about. Anymore than this is what yiddishkeit is about.

Thumbs Up

The secular world uses dating web sites, and also meet each other at bars, parties etc. They are also introduced by friends.

However, there are times when a guy will date two girls at the same time and neither girl will know it.

Last edited by amother on Sat, Jan 02 2016, 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

DrMom

Post Thu, Feb 03 2011, 11:34 pm
OPINIONATED wrote:
marina wrote:
Quote:

Thumbs Up

The secular world uses dating web sites, and also meet each other at bars, parties etc. They are also introduced by friends.

However, there are times when a guy will date two girls at the same time and neither girl will know it.

The frum world also used websites (JDAte, Frumster, etc.) and introductions through friends. Noit every community is into the shidduch thing.

Actually, I thought a shidduch date reality show would be fascinating.

bubby

Post Fri, Feb 04 2011, 4:02 am
I was a "Desperate Housewife" last night & found it on line. What a bunch of ***p. I can see why it's addictive...I'm working backwards now!

My thoughts.

They should make a reality show about a Shidduch. Start with these Shidduch groups & see it through. Boy, would that be embarrassing!

Miuchelle is horrible. I wonder if she's a plant. But the guy seems to like being dominated...sick puppy.

I want to know how he can give these girls false hope...he tells them all he really, REALLY cares for them. They'll be devastated when he sends them home.

I agree, that Ashley needs bangs. just looking at her gave me the creeps.

I wish someone would buy ME all those gorgeous things. Then again, I'm not a slim young chickadee, more like an old boiler past her sell by date! Rolling Eyes Wink

Don't these girls have any pride????? shock

Ruchel

Post Fri, Feb 04 2011, 4:26 am
OPINIONATED wrote:
marina wrote:
Quote:

Thumbs Up

Boys don't have the monopoly on bad behaviour. Both genders will go on doing it if no one intervenes.

Ruchel

Post Fri, Feb 04 2011, 5:01 am
OPINIONATED wrote:

When a person gets older, for some reason the dating period takes longer, so the only way to cope is to date multiple girls at once.

Also, you've probably never gone to a singles event. I went to one (it was on a shabbos and I slept at a friend) and decided that I won't find my Bashert there. I was surprised to see supposedly very frum Black Hat bearing men chasing after women who were not dressed at all tzniusdig, and who barely spoke English. Three years later, these men are still single (I have friends who are shadchanim). What a waste of time!

There is no reason to date several people at once. It's nasty behaviour and prevents giving the needed time and attention to every person and generally doesn't work because of that. Or it works, and the girl learns there were others, and breaks up.

My experience of single events has been different. In "working ones", people socialized by frumkeit level. In "missed ones", people socialized by gender LOL

Finding a spouse is also a mitzva and comes before learning. If the event is not serious, then that's another story and should be reported.

plain999

Post Fri, Feb 04 2011, 5:20 am
did not watch it.. but is anyone tied up to DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES?????

flowerpower

Post Fri, Feb 04 2011, 8:23 am
I think it's the most bs show of all. I see the previews and cringe.

flowerpower

Post Fri, Feb 04 2011, 8:23 am
plain999 wrote:
did not watch it.. but is anyone tied up to DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES?????

You gotta wait another week for that.

crush

Post Tue, Mar 15 2011, 6:42 pm
Wow, so what do you guys think of the ending?? Me, I'm not shocked at all. You can tell from the beginning that Brad was very attracted to Emily, so I was pretty sure he would pick her, but I didn't think she would be happy with him. She seemed too good for him, and never really expressed emotions to him Idea and that's pretty much what happened!

And what do you guys think about the new Bachelorette?! I'm so upset! There were so many women that I would've loved to see, and they chose the one that I hate the most. Ugh. I can't watch a whole season of Ashley H. At least she finally got bangs, though.

mimishkl

Post Tue, Mar 15 2011, 7:49 pm
He questioned the women constantly but when they asked questions back he got very defensive he was sweating and angry looking. I think red flags went up with Emily and I don't blame her for taking her time marrying him. Better safe than sorry..

crush

Post Wed, Mar 16 2011, 8:02 am
mimishkl wrote:
He questioned the women constantly but when they asked questions back he got very defensive he was sweating and angry looking. I think red flags went up with Emily and I don't blame her for taking her time marrying him. Better safe than sorry..

I know! He totally freaked me out lol. When Emily was asking about him being able to handle the duties of being a father, he went nuts! I thought it was a perfectly valid question! I thought she would walk away then and there, but she didn't.
He needs more therapy lol.

robynm

Post Wed, Mar 16 2011, 8:24 am
as much as I knew that he would pick emily, I loved chantel!!! I was so sad to see her go.... plus she looked so pretty!! but back to brad and emily... I do not think that they'll last... they may "be in love" but reality is much harder than fantasy!

but it was nice to see the other couples on the after the final rose show.

blue eyes

Post Thu, Mar 17 2011, 9:00 pm
robynm wrote:
as much as I knew that he would pick emily, I loved chantel!!! I was so sad to see her go.... plus she looked so pretty!! but back to brad and emily... I do not think that they'll last... they may "be in love" but reality is much harder than fantasy!

but it was nice to see the other couples on the after the final rose show.

Personally think Emily is a lot more emotionally stable than Chantel..
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics