Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Good fish? Bad fish?

lucy

Post Sun, Mar 06 2005, 11:20 pm
So what is the bottem line with salmon? Is it okay to eat or not?
I fsomeone will post that it's fine once a month then I'm taking that to mean it's really not good for you!

supermom

Post Sun, Mar 06 2005, 11:53 pm
what is wrong with salmon anyway. I heard tuna is really bad for you but salmon...

Tovah

Post Mon, Mar 07 2005, 1:34 pm
salmon is excellent for you, it's written in the prevention magazine that women especailly preg women should have salmon up to 3x a week.
Tuna is not good for u and should only have once a week b/c of the mercury.

supermom

Post Mon, Mar 07 2005, 5:13 pm
that still doesn't explain where lucy heard that salmon is bad for you. and why?

lucy

Post Mon, Mar 07 2005, 10:52 pm
The whole summer news wqas talking that the salmon majority is farmed and the farmed salmon is highly poluted extreamly unhealthy,etc.
so that is why most news reports were stating that it sould only be eaten once/twice a month.

I asked my pediatrician about tuna and he said that dark tuna (or sometimes advertized as light) is actually fine = it means it comes from a small fish I.e. hasn't had a chance to absorb much mercury! The WHITE tuna is bad = bc it means it comes from a big/older fish.

imaamy

Post Mon, Mar 07 2005, 11:30 pm
My daughter loves tuna--I alternate that and PB for her school lunches. I try to put a small amount on her sandwich because of the mercury. She doesn't like salmon: I tried. Still I worry. Confused

Yosefa

Post Sun, Mar 20 2005, 5:56 pm
For a bunch of people that keep kosher (I'm assuming) I think we're worrying a little too much about the one kosher fish that gets onto the high murcury lists. We don't eat shark, scallops, dolphin... I think we should relax a bit about the tuna.

I didn't know the dark/white thing. I thought it was like dark and light meat on a chicken. Interesting.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen