Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Green Hospital Pacifier

malky800

Post Mon, Feb 14 2011, 7:49 pm
My 1 week old baby is stuck on that green pacifier from the hospital and refuses to take any other pacifier I'm giving him.

A. Any suggestions on how to get him to use something else without me going crazy becuase he just screams each time I give him something else

B. I'll let him keep that green one, if someone has a brilliant idea on how to attach it to his clothes so it doesn't bounce off every time I stand up.

STovah

Post Mon, Feb 14 2011, 7:52 pm
The company that makes those pacifiers (soothies I think) makes a pacifier clip/holder for it. It is somewhat ridiculous looking and large, but it should work. I saw them a while ago in target or on amazon I think.

KiKi

Post Mon, Feb 14 2011, 8:24 pm
My daughter was hooked to it as well. The nurse at the hospital was kind enough to give me an extra two. If I remember, dd had it for an additional two weeks. It was tremendous and it definitely looked ridiculous so I weaned her off. Don't remember exactly how! But the sooner u do it, the better. I did recently hear that they are selling it. Best of luck!

Classicookie

Post Mon, Feb 14 2011, 8:29 pm
http://www.toysrus.com/product.....04924

rac429

Post Mon, Feb 14 2011, 9:50 pm
My DD is hooked on those pacis and I have them all over my house and in both our cars. To make matters worse she would only take the Soothie bottles as well and those are harder to find (ended up ordering them from Amazon). You can get clips for the pacis at Target, Babies R Us and I got one that fits through the holes at Burlington. I keep saying that when I have my next kid I will make sure to bring my own pacis to the hospital so I can chose which one my child gets hooked on. Good Luck and Mazel Tov!!!

ra_mom

Post Mon, Feb 14 2011, 11:29 pm
Here's a clip that works with the soothie
http://www.toysrus.com/product.....24195

bnm

Post Tue, Feb 15 2011, 3:24 am
my neighbor punched a hole so she can thread through a regular pacifier clip. when she tried changing her twins over to regular pacifiers they lost interest in any pacifiers... they had been in the NICU for a long time so that's the one they had been used to.

shev

Post Tue, Feb 15 2011, 4:06 am
delete

Last edited by shev on Sun, Nov 20 2011, 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hippi Dippi

Post Tue, Feb 15 2011, 8:03 am
Yes Yes Yes
What Shev said!

The Gumdrop pacifiers are way way cuter (Soothies are HUGE) and have the same nipple, so it's a win win situation. Do yourselves a favor and buy a bunch! And with the Gumdrops, it's easier to find a suitable pacifier clip.

DefyGravity

Post Tue, Feb 15 2011, 9:28 am
I bought a bunch of Soothies from Target and my husband is always going crazy rounding them up and counting them and making sure they're all accounted for. I didn't realize when I'd bought them from Target that the other colors are a different size than the green one and I couldn't figure out why my babies would sometimes choke when I'd stick it in their mouth.

I don't mind that they won't take other pacifiers, I'm just happy that something works for them! If it wasn't the Soothie, it would just be a different pacifier they preferred.

FYI, if you order them through the company they're much cheaper.

(I love the look of the Soothie. I think it's the cutest thing to see that huge thing sticking out of their mouths!)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics