Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Need challah board- help me find one!
Previous  1  2

Karnash

Post Wed, Feb 16 2011, 12:25 pm
Sorry! embarrassed

Barbara

Post Wed, Feb 16 2011, 12:57 pm
aidelmaidel wrote:
Barbara wrote:
This is more or less ours, but without the silver (which made it a very small fraction of the cost):

http://www.traditionsjewishgif......html

I bought it directly from the artisan, and can't find his information any more. I mention it because it is undoubtedly the only challah board we will ever need, and likely the only one that will ever be needed by whomever inherits it from me. It is indestructible, easy to clean, and the look and finish never deteriorates.

To reiterate - Barbara - how heavy is that? how do you store it? It looks gorgeous and heavy! (and also expensive!)

It is heavy, with the marble and very thick wood.

We have a very small counter to the side of our oven; its too small to use as a work surface (I presume that there are pipes running behind it, so its not the depth of my other counters), so I store oils and vinegars there. The challah board rests against the wall behind the bottles.

No silver on mine, so it wasn't outrageous, certainly under $100. I bought it from an artisan, but I can't seem to find him anymore. All I remember is that he had a Connecticut address.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries